Not open for further replies.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Feeler for determining interest in an INGO challenge coin.
    Zinc Engraved coins in an antique brass finish.
    1.5" Diameter, .1" thickness, 285.5 grains weight (.65 oz.)

Proposed design (each side features a different design at no extra cost):
    INGO%202015%20Challenge%20Coin_zpsstdpukkh.png

Actual sample engraved coin (quarter added for scale):
    DSCN3923_zpsxab7uggz.jpg

*This coin does not exist. If it did, it would mean LT6 existed.

This thread is to gauge how many people may be interested in purchasing a coin. Quantity determines pricing, so final price is yet unknown. However, if we can order 50 coins, they would run roughly 5$ each. 100 coins would run roughly 3$ each. Final unit price to be determined upon final order (which will be provided in a group buy thread). These are rough guesstimates based on quotes from the supplier in the past. Made in the U.S.A.

This does not include ACTUAL SHIPPING costs. I'm guesstimating 2$ shipping for padded envelope and 2 stamps per shipment (any number of coins that fit in a padded envelope). We can attempt to have coins available at a 1500 for pickup from our booth, and avoid additional shipping cost.
    EDIT: My guesstimate was accurate. Several coins ship at roughly $1.50 and bubble mailers can be had for .50c ea. So additional 2$ per shipment (not per coin) applies.

What says INGO?
    This thread in NO WAY insures you will get a coin. We are NOT placing an order yet. We are merely determining interest.

Chime in with how many you'd wish to purchase.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It's kind of a given that if someone is in for 1 at 50, they be in for at least one (or more) at 100. Nature of the beast. If we can get at least 50 interest, that will help us better determine the final order for the group buy, and have more accurate pricing at that time.
    If we happen to get more orders in the actual group buy, it simply means everyone's final cost at the end, is less than what was advertised.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    OK. I'll plead complete ignorance about challenge coins. The price seems reasonable, but why? What does one do with a challenge coin other than throw it in the junk drawer? Someone sell me on it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    OK. I'll plead complete ignorance about challenge coins. The price seems reasonable, but why? What does one do with a challenge coin other than throw it in the junk drawer? Someone sell me on it.

Keep it in your pocket instead of throwing it in the junk drawer. If someone shows up to an ingo event and can't produce the coin? They have to wear a crocheted viking helmet or purse for a week.
    someone will produce a pic shortly

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

You've got the gist of it.

A Brief History of Challenge Coins | Mental Floss

I won't speak to the accuracy of the history but that explains it pretty well. If you want to view it as a way to show belonging or just another souvenir for the junk drawer is up to you. I've got a bunch from the military and LEO stuff. Some are pretty special to me and some I don't even recall the particulars of how I got it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom