• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just wanted to pop in and say I hate all the crap that comes along with this race. Lots of drunken idiots floating around the ERs tonight. Plenty more out driving I'm sure.

Fortunately this guy puked on the nurse and not me :xmad:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just wanted to pop in and say I hate all the crap that comes along with this race. Lots of drunken idiots floating around the ERs tonight. Plenty more out driving I'm sure.

I would say that depends in your perspective. :): My wife (a nurse) hated Notre Dame home game weekends. She had the stories too. I feel for you guys!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, it must really suck to have to deal with that in a climate controlled building. You should come hang out on my district and see how much fun it is in real life.

no way, my hair gets all frizzy.

The vomiting patient just set me off, it's really the drunk driving/fights that irritate me most about it. Most of the people I see in the ED are just drunk, not belligerent. I'm sure Methodist/Eskanazi/IU West get all the "fun" drunks, at least the ones that don't go to jail first.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    no way, my hair gets all frizzy.

The vomiting patient just set me off, it's really the drunk driving/fights that irritate me most about it. Most of the people I see in the ED are just drunk, not belligerent. I'm sure Methodist/Eskanazi/IU West get all the "fun" drunks, at least the ones that don't go to jail first.

I understand. Most drunks are good entertainment, but there are some that you want to dunk in water til the bubbles stop. Luckily I have never been puked on, but have been present for a lot of puking over the years.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    At the same time the puker arrived we got an aggressive drunk guy swinging at our nurses. Literally arrived at the same time in neighboring trauma rooms. Sometimes you lose all compassion.

It's what lets you still have compassion for the rest.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It is called JOB SECURITY! Repeat after me, "Human beings with stupid attacks put money in my pocket."

If people didn't do stupid :poop: imagine all the repair jobs, LE jobs, fire department jobs, ER and healthcare jobs, auto repair jobs, etc etc etc that would go away.

Hell, my last major stupid attack probably created several hundred hours of work for people in the health care field, from billing offices to insurance reviewers to my surgeon, anesthesiologist, and PA, not to mention the nurses and all the support staff to go along with it.

Be thankful for the stupid as it greases the economy - oh, so well.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I couldn't decide whether to be serious or not, so I went half-&-half.;)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At the same time the puker arrived we got an aggressive drunk guy swinging at our nurses. Literally arrived at the same time in neighboring trauma rooms. Sometimes you lose all compassion.

It's what lets you still have compassion for the rest.

Nurse: "What happened Dr Hd?"

Dr Hd: "Slipped in his own and smashed his face into the exposed concrete column over and over!"

Nurse: "Oh another one of those huh?"

:rockwoot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I worked out at the track yesterday and loved the people watching. I enjoy the festivities surrounding the race and I hope the 100th running this year injects a bit more life into the race in general for the future. We just sit there and watch the drunks try to walk straight by following the white lines on Hulman Dr or see those with the "drunk lean". It's like their top half is trying to keep up with their bottom half. Watching the pit stop competition was very cool.

Who doesn't like to see this?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When I was an IMS employee, sweeping off the Chevy Monument outside gift shop #2, a drunk zooked all over what I had just swept up. He then threatened me.

I like a cold microbrew or two, but never understood the desire to get blotto, especially in an enormous crowd.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

That's funny, I had a nurse puke in my lap one evening. It was her sisters grad party. In return I held her hair the rest of the night.

She was my date. :n00b:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    One of my favorites was kick the drunk for a quarter. Years ago, a guy passed out in the infield and his "buddies" made a sign reading "Kick the drunk for a quarter!" One guy handed over a five dollar bill and went to town. I can only imagine what his next day was like. :abused:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm all for drinking beer and having a good time. This weekend, though, seems to become a competition of drunkenness. People set out with the goal of trying to get as drunk as they can without dying, and then brag about it. Some of the calls we deal with just make you shake your head and wonder how these people can be functional adults even sober.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I saw a few people acting like knuckle heads at Carb Day yesterday, and even fewer carted away by EMS for various reasons.

But like with all things related to human behavior, the vast majority of people were acting at least somewhat responsibly.

Top Bottom