• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Will require additional short-notice special sensitivity training and then annual computer based training for the troops. First Sergeants heads are going to explode, while trying to figure out the new DOD Instruction.

Bet this traitor approves...

635596946474917352-145823193.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    God forbid an American be allowed to serve their country at all, or in a capacity for which their demonstrate the capability to serve (e.g., women Rangers).

Just to be clear in my opinion, I am happy that ALL Americans have the opportunity to serve our country.

My fear is that this particular directive will have unintended consequences, that the Commanders and First Sergeants will have to deal with. How will they deal with Airman Numb-Nuts, after he decides that since he is failing his PT test as a "man", he wants to retest as a "women"? Stuff like this, and a hundred other issues will have to be addressed. My concern is anything that takes away from the "Mission Focus" and "Good Order and Discipline" is going to be a distraction, which will reduce unit mission effectiveness.

I included the picture of Chelsea/Bradly Manning because she/he thought she/he was a special snowflake and transmitted 3/4 of a million of pages of classified material to Wikileaks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just to be clear in my opinion, I am happy that ALL Americans have the opportunity to serve our country.

My fear is that this particular directive will have unintended consequences, that the Commanders and First Sergeants will have to deal with. How will they deal with Airman Numb-Nuts, after he decides that since he is failing his PT test as a "man", he wants to retest as a "women"? Stuff like this, and a hundred other issues will have to be addressed. My concern is anything that takes away from the "Mission Focus" and "Good Order and Discipline" is going to be a distraction, which will reduce unit mission effectiveness.

I included the picture of Chelsea/Bradly Manning because she/he thought she/he was a special snowflake and transmitted 3/4 of a million of pages of classified material to Wikileaks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

AMEN, to all YOU, posted .....

I CAN"T imagine all the B$ !!!!!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The US Military already has more to do than it is staffed and supplied to accomplish. They sure do not need any other distractions and confusion. GOD bless our troops.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    My fear is that this particular directive will have unintended consequences, that the Commanders and First Sergeants will have to deal with. How will they deal with Airman Numb-Nuts, after he decides that since he is failing his PT test as a "man", he wants to retest as a "women"? Stuff like this, and a hundred other issues will have to be addressed.

I suspect most transfolk would be just as pissed at anyone trying to "jump to the other team", so to speak. I suspect if there are trans recruits, they'll make their preferences known upfront and stick to them. That's not a guarantee, as during my time in the service, I saw at least one man suddenly claim to be gay in order to get out. And this was only after being in 2 months.

Now, tell me about those dozens of other issues. Other nations have addressed the gay and trans issues without losing "Mission Focus" or "Good Order and Discipline". Some even go so far as to allow long hair!!

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I suspect most transfolk would be just as pissed at anyone trying to "jump to the other team", so to speak. I suspect if there are trans recruits, they'll make their preferences known upfront and stick to them. That's not a guarantee, as during my time in the service, I saw at least one man suddenly claim to be gay in order to get out. And this was only after being in 2 months.

Now, tell me about those dozens of other issues. Other nations have addressed the gay and trans issues without losing "Mission Focus" or "Good Order and Discipline". Some even go so far as to allow long hair!!

1. Which uniform will a trans man wear? Male uniform or female uniform?

2. Uniforms are tailored differently. A female uniform may not be available for a 6'4" John Kerry looking cross-dresser. Would that be discrimination?

3. What is going to happen when a guy shows up at formation with makeup? Different standards now for males and females. Will the each branch be forced to re-write Dress and Appearance standards?

4. Where do we billet them when only open bay tents or barracks are available while on deployment? They are usually split up male/female.

5. Military service can and is an emotional pressure cooker with a suicide rate among active duty personnel of 19.9 per 100,000 members.
    DOD: Among services, Army had highest suicide rate in 2014 - News - Stripes

The latest stats show that 41% of Transfolk have attempted suicide.
    Transgender Suicide Attempt Rates Are Staggering

Is this really the best environment for them to serve in?

6. We have troops deployed to Islamic nations. Some of those nations DO NOT ALLOW openly Gay of Transfolk within their borders. (Been there and seen it myself). This puts a burden on commanders to back-fill vacant positions with other members, who meet the standards of the host country Status of Forces Agreement. It also puts a stigma on the member who did not deploy, which adds to their stress level, (see #4 above).

7. John Hopkins stopped doing gender reassignment surgery because they discovered that it did not solve anything, and created a whole new set of problems.
    Paul McHugh: Transgender Surgery Isn't the Solution - WSJ

Do we really want to force these issues in a brutally harsh military environment?

8. Which fitness standard is used for PT tests and weigh in?

9. Which standards are used to discharge members who fail PT or Weight standards?

10. How do commanders decide which bathroom is used and who watches them during mandatory urinalysis tests?

11. What happens when a Transgender wants to go Transsexual and make the change permanent? Who pays for the hormone therapy, counselling and surgery?

12. Will TriCare and VA pick-up the tab for gender reassignment?

This list may seem trivial in a civilian setting. But in the crucible of a war zone, the stress and aggravation of these issues are amplified a 1000 fold.

I am retired from military service and served with people from all walks of life. I am "PRO" anybody who wants to serve our country and carry out their duties and obligations as a professional. I had the honor of serving with members who were straight, gay, and everything in between. The key difference was that there were specific standards that we all adhered to. Now, that is all up in the air. We are going down a new uncharted road.

As for what "other nations" do... screw them.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I still stand behind my previous comments in other threads. Gender identity issues are mental issues. This should exclude you from military service. WTF is happening to our military? It once was the greatest military power in the world. It's like they are trying to turn our military to the laughing stock of the world.

I doubt this would ever fly in Russia.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    1. Which uniform will a trans man wear? Male uniform or female uniform?

The uniform that matches their stated gender.

2. Uniforms are tailored differently. A female uniform may not be available for a 6'4" John Kerry looking cross-dresser. Would that be discrimination?

How many 6' 4" soldiers of either sex have you encountered? There are skilled tailors out there that could make the adjustments. After all, they have to tailor for large-breasted women...

3. What is going to happen when a guy shows up at formation with makeup? Different standards now for males and females. Will the each branch be forced to re-write Dress and Appearance standards?

Possibly. How many women show up today in make-up?

4. Where do we billet them when only open bay tents or barracks are available while on deployment? They are usually split up male/female.

Again, with their identified gender.

5. Military service can and is an emotional pressure cooker with a suicide rate among active duty personnel of 19.9 per 100,000 members.
    DOD: Among services, Army had highest suicide rate in 2014 - News - Stripes

The latest stats show that 41% of Transfolk have attempted suicide.
    Transgender Suicide Attempt Rates Are Staggering

Is this really the best environment for them to serve in?

Is denying someone the right to serve the best solution? Perhaps the high rate of suicide is because of the LOW RATE OF ACCEPTANCE BY OTHERS.

6. We have troops deployed to Islamic nations. Some of those nations DO NOT ALLOW openly Gay of Transfolk within their borders. (Been there and seen it myself). This puts a burden on commanders to back-fill vacant positions with other members, who meet the standards of the host country Status of Forces Agreement. It also puts a stigma on the member who did not deploy, which adds to their stress level, (see #4 above).

We deal with that issue now. We'll deal with this one in the same manner.

[/QUOTE]7. John Hopkins stopped doing gender reassignment surgery because they discovered that it did not solve anything, and created a whole new set of problems.
    Paul McHugh: Transgender Surgery Isn't the Solution - WSJ[/QUOTE]

From what I could see (I won't go through their pay-wall), that was an OP-ED, not a scientific study.

Do we really want to force these issues in a brutally harsh military environment?

You mean like de-segregation in the 1950s, or women serving in combat roles now? Those harsh environments?

8. Which fitness standard is used for PT tests and weigh in?

Again, according to their identified gender. This might hinder trans-men (woman-to-man) than trans-women, but I suspect they'll accept the challenge, just as women have accepted the same standards as men for Ranger duty.

9. Which standards are used to discharge members who fail PT or Weight standards?

See my answer to #8 above.

10. How do commanders decide which bathroom is used and who watches them during mandatory urinalysis tests?

One bathroom. Do you watch other guys pee? As for "Golden Flow", a nurse - of either gender - can be used. They've seen it all.

11. What happens when a Transgender wants to go Transsexual and make the change permanent? Who pays for the hormone therapy, counselling and surgery?

That WSJ article you cited said Medicare would cover it. (There was just enough of the article to see that blurb).

12. Will TriCare and VA pick-up the tab for gender reassignment?

See #11.

This list may seem trivial in a civilian setting. But in the crucible of a war zone, the stress and aggravation of these issues are amplified a 1000 fold.

I am retired from military service and served with people from all walks of life. I am "PRO" anybody who wants to serve our country and carry out their duties and obligations as a professional. I had the honor of serving with members who were straight, gay, and everything in between. The key difference was that there were specific standards that we all adhered to. Now, that is all up in the air. We are going down a new uncharted road.

As for what "other nations" do... screw them.

The issues you listed are trivial. They were the same arguments for de-segregation ("Ah don't wanna be drinkin' outta the same faucet of some uppity N*GGER!!!") but we got through that.

Perhaps you could LEARN from those other nations and how they handled the problems. No need to re-invent the wheel, is there?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    I still stand behind my previous comments in other threads. Gender identity issues are mental issues.

Are you an expert on gender issues? Mental issues?

Citations, please.

This should exclude you from military service. WTF is happening to our military? It once was the greatest military power in the world. It's like they are trying to turn our military to the laughing stock of the world.

That's what was said about de-segregation.

I doubt this would ever fly in Russia.

Who cares what they do?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Are you an expert on gender issues? Mental issues?

Citations, please.

That's what was said about de-segregation.

Who cares what they do?

It's my personal opinion. It's America. I can have one. Well, for the moment. Liberals are doing there best to suppress opinions that aren't like minded to their own. F**k that.

As for citations I can find plenty. Probably as many as you can find saying it's normal for a man to wear a dress and makeup.

Sorry but I can't grasp the concept of comparing sexual identity to racial segregation. It's just not there for me. To far out there.

As far as men wearing dresses, fine. It doesn't bother me. Don't try to convince me that it's normal. It's not. But that's just my JMHO, while I can have one that is.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The far left has a long and disgusting history of despising our military, and now those same leftists have the perfect tool to reduce that military into nothing more than yet another giant social experiment, plus make it such an unattractive option for most of those who would join that it'll be nearly impossible for recruiters to do their jobs.
    The far left would call that a twofer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The far left has a long and disgusting history of despising our military, and now those same leftists have the perfect tool to reduce that military into nothing more than yet another giant social experiment, plus make it such an unattractive option for most of those who would join that it'll be nearly impossible for recruiters to do their jobs.
    The far left would call that a twofer.

Yep, probably just as long as the right.

Top Bottom