• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well crud. I went to buy a couple t-shirts and noticed no SSL/HTTPS when I went to my cart. There is a message about the transaction being secure, but I'm not sure what that could be. I've sent an email to the support address listed on the site to see what that's about.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Okay, it seems you have to actually get to the part where you enter billing info before it goes to a secure store site. Still doesn't seem fully secure to me, but :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I ordered a t-shirt. Went through without any problems. :dunno:

My concern was that when you initially go to the cart, there was no HTTPS for the connection, leading me to believe it was insecure. It goes to a secure storefront once you enter your personal info and go to the billing section. All is well, in for 2 t-shirts :)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just for clarification, monies collected through sales on the website go to the Public Safety Foundation rather than directly to IMPD. They will eventually be dispersed by the foundation to benefit IMPD officers in one way or another.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm good with that, as long as it does eventually go to IMPD. Is there any reason to suspect it won't, or are you just clarifying that it doesn't go to IMPD directly?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm good with that, as long as it does eventually go to IMPD. Is there any reason to suspect it won't, or are you just clarifying that it doesn't go to IMPD directly?

Just clarifying that it's not going directly to the agency. Officers can write grant proposals to the foundation asking for money to purchase things the agency normally won't or can't.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just clarifying that it's not going directly to the agency. Officers can write grant proposals to the foundation asking for money to purchase things the agency normally won't or can't.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess as long as the money eventually goes to the officers, I'm okay with it. I would like to hear if it is at all problematic for the officers to get access to that money after it has been collected though.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The police foundation recently purchased new uniforms for the Honor Guard (video of them in action below), as well as trama kits. The trauma kits have been used so often on officers and citizens that there is a request to buy more to cover the deficit.

[video=youtube_share;GTWoIOyc7Vw]http://youtu.be/GTWoIOyc7Vw[/video]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got in the two shirts I ordered. Very nice shirts, though I pray they don't shrink up when I wash them as they're almost too small for me. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom