• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This... probably does need a thread.

On Thursday, North Miami Police Chief Gary C. Eugene and U.S. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson held a press conference regarding the shooting. “We have witness statements that there was a gun,” said Eugene. “We had a 911 call with that same information. However, I want to make it clear there was no gun recovered.”

The ordeal went on for a few minutes before Kinsey said one of the officers shot him. “I’m like this right here, and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” Kinsey said. “It was like a mosquito bite, and when it hit me, I’m like, ‘I still got my hands in the air, and I said, ‘No, I just got shot! And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.'”

So, INGO... where were the mistakes made? Officers? Mr. Kinsey?

Very fortunate that he's still alive.

Miami shooting: Charles Kinsey says cops shot him while he was lying down with hands up - CNN.com

Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man ? WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    What mistake could anyone possibly think Mr. Kinsey made?
    layed down in the street, hands in the air! He THOUGHT he was making sure he didn't get shot.
    Trigger happy, nervous, DUMB ASS cop made EVERY mistake!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, INGO... where were the mistakes made?

The cop did not know all guns are always loaded?

If I were the City Attorney, I think a call to the insurance company today is in order and a discussion of a policy limit check being mailed as soon as we get the demand letter.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The cop did not know all guns are always loaded?

If I were the City Attorney, I think a call to the insurance company today is in order and a discussion of a policy limit check being mailed as soon as we get the demand letter.

Yeah, that call was probably made before the clock struck 12 on the day it happened.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Also, I saw this on the news today. They commented that the video stops several minutes prior to the booker hook touching the bang switch. Because of this we cant take what we have seen as gospel. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It could very well be innocent lowering of his hands or shaking. Ever try to hold your hand out at that weird of an angle for 5 minutes? After a while your arms will start to fatigue and shake/twitch uncontrollably. probably would have been better to make pavement angels. (sans movement of course)

And I want to know why the call was a MWAG call. Based on the accounts there is no reason for that to be called in. Some racist deciding to swat the gentleman?

Here is hoping there is body cam footage of this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And I want to know why the call was a MWAG call. Based on the accounts there is no reason for that to be called in. Some racist deciding to swat the gentleman?

Also a great point. SWAT'ing kills. Responding officers only information to go on is what the liar tells them. If they're told that a man is shooting people indiscriminately, and give a description... and officers respond to a man matching that description, they can only treat them as a dangerous threat until proven otherwise.

It really sucks... and can be used against any one of us. In this day and age of false bomb threats constantly being called on events that people simply disagree with, and increasing attempts to silence opposition by any means necessary (even if the reason is race, in your example)... it's a tough time to be an officer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I caught a bit of this on the news this morning too. It was definitely a head scratcher from what I saw in the video. The guy "looked" like he was some kind of uniformed person (apparently a healthcare professional working with an autistic patient is what I thought I heard?). He absolutely didn't look threatening, lying on his back with his hands straight up in the air. Of course that's just the video that I (we) saw.

*edit* Looking at the links above, I guess I heard correctly. :(

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, that call was probably made before the clock struck 12 on the day it happened.

I can defend anything....not always win, mind you, but before the jury gives the money, I guarantee I can make 'em think....and bill more than a few hours in the mean time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can defend anything....not always win, mind you, but before the jury gives the money, I guarantee I can make 'em think....and bill more than a few hours in the mean time.

Well sure. Somewhere there's the insurance-paid counsel drafting a budget with at least 6, maybe 7, numbers to the left of the decimal. And they'll earn every penny.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well sure. Somewhere there's the insurance-paid counsel drafting a budget with at least 6, maybe 7, numbers to the left of the decimal. And they'll earn every penny.

I've never reached 7 figures....on a single case. I'm not done trying, though.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I understand having a firearm out in a tense situation where a gun may be involved, but what the hell?! That's not racism or mistaken identity, it's just stupid. Somebody will be finding a new line of work, and possibly a cell mate.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This one is just bad police work. Where was the need to force a confrontation? The police chief talks about negotiations.....who the hell was the cop negotiating with?!!! An autistic man with a Tonka Toy and a Black Professional on his back with his hands in the air?!!!

You can't spin this. Too many mistakes by a few cops around the USA and you lose the trust of the public.

This one stinks. Better to get out in front of it, admit it was a serious error and apologize. Anything less and the next incident will bring legislation.

Top Bottom