• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It was finally our turn to get this scam call. Caller ID showed 302-760-3364. That's Delaware and don't know anyone there so let it ring. Wife picks up in another room. Guy says he's from the IRS and has been trying to get a hold of us. Wife says "that's BS" and hangs up.

We are on the federal and state no call list, but seems we are getting more of this lately.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Report it, there is a 1 800 number at the IRS site for scams.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    When I get a phony phone call, I usually either give the phone to one of my toddlers, or try to turn the call into phone sex. Once, when speaking to some guy with a strong Indian accent, I did mention eating a whole cow, that probably wasn't nice of me.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I keep getting the calls about "my" student loans. An AS, two business certificates, an AA, a BA and an MA, and I paid cash as I went for every one of them. Never started a class that I did not pay in advance. Some foreign speaking jerk actually called me a liar and he would have to turn me over to be arrested by law enforcement if I didn't immediately give him my credit card information. I invited him to come to collect in person. A quick reverse look up on Whitepages.com showed that number as a new cell phone, no physical address.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    normally I dont answer calls that arent 317, 812, 765, or now 260 area codes but here lately theres been so many calls not from those I'm trying a new tactic of just answering the call and not saying a word. Most of the time there no voice on the other end that speaks up and after about 15 seconds they just hang up. Only been doing it about 2 weeks so it hard to tell if its having an affect yet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If I'm feeling really graveled, and I'm pretty sure there is an actual human on the other end not a robot-dialer, I will give them a 125dB blast on my coache's whistle and then hang up

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I got two calls from 888-275-2186 on Thursday. Both with the same robo message. Warning me about the "fraud on my tax" that was found by the I.R.S. and urging me to call them back. No thanks.....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bet I get those sorts of calls a couple of times a week and have for several months now. Too bad there's nothing that can be done with them.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've been getting 2 - 3 a day from area 502-337-7251, 7252, and 7253 in rotation. Initially I answered a couple of times because I have a couple friends that live in or around Louisville. No one responds, and I get a disconnect within 4 - 6 seconds even if I said nothing. I'm on both lists too.

Does anyone know of a way to block a number on an Android phone?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been getting 2 - 3 a day from area 502-337-7251, 7252, and 7253 in rotation. Initially I answered a couple of times because I have a couple friends that live in or around Louisville. No one responds, and I get a disconnect within 4 - 6 seconds even if I said nothing. I'm on both lists too.

Dont answer. Inform friends to leave voice mail. That is what we have done to those outside 317. Inside that AC if the number does not come up recognized on caller ID.........ignore button is pushed. If it is important a voice mail or test will come.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

On my android phone, go into the call log and select the number they called you on. At the bottom right of your screen, there should be the option of More with an ellipsis over the top. Tap that and you should have the option for Add number to Blacklist or something similar. Tap that and future calls from that number will either be blocked, or go straight to voicemail. Can't remember which.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Dont answer. Inform friends to leave voice mail. That is what we have done to those outside 317. Inside that AC if the number does not come up recognized on caller ID.........ignore button is pushed. If it is important a voice mail or test will come.

This, but I go a step further. If I don't know the number, I don't answer regardless of area code.

ETA - Note to self, read the entire post before replying...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I've had many of these spam callers that will leave messages.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    i told them I have a federal pardon from all income taxes signed by Presidente El Obamah because of my heroic and courageous actions in keeping that asteroid from crashing into the DNC convention.

Top Bottom