• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Today is Friday. On Tuesday I called a contractor for a very small job I need done on my roof that would take about 15 minutes. The office girl said they do that kind of work and would have the owner call me when he comes in later in the day. Never got a call.

This has happened several times with various contractors never getting back to me. I guess they figure a very small job isn't worth the effort. I will probably need a new roof within five years. Guess what, if this guy had taken care of me he would be the first one I'd call. Now, he will be the last one I'd call.

When I have work done by a contractor and am happy, I tell others and keep the guy in mind for future work. Seems they are shortsighted in not considering this. I would respect them better if they just told me they are too busy to deal with a small request and perhaps refer me to someone else. End of rant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The annoying flipside to this is when they do come out, but give a ridiculously high quote because they don't want the job. Why can't they just say they don't want/take that kind of job

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I had the same issue but with concrete work. Not a small job either, almost 6k. Called 10 companies for estimates, only 1 showed up. Other 9 didn't return a call or didn't show up for a scheduled appointment. And the no shows, never bothered to call back to try and reschedule. I couldn't believe it. Seems some just dont wanna work

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Today is Friday. On Tuesday I called a contractor for a very small job I need done on my roof that would take about 15 minutes. The office girl said they do that kind of work and would have the owner call me when he comes in later in the day. Never got a call.

This has happened several times with various contractors never getting back to me. I guess they figure a very small job isn't worth the effort. I will probably need a new roof within five years. Guess what, if this guy had taken care of me he would be the first one I'd call. Now, he will be the last one I'd call.

When I have work done by a contractor and am happy, I tell others and keep the guy in mind for future work. Seems they are shortsighted in not considering this. I would respect them better if they just told me they are too busy to deal with a small request and perhaps refer me to someone else. End of rant.

If it's a small job, is it not something you can do yourself? Other than the heights and the heat, most roofing fixes aren't that complex.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had the same issue but with concrete work. Not a small job either, almost 6k. Called 10 companies for estimates, only 1 showed up. Other 9 didn't return a call or didn't show up for a scheduled appointment. And the no shows, never bothered to call back to try and reschedule. I couldn't believe it. Seems some just dont wanna work

I don't know where you're located but I was recently talking about this issue with a friend at work. Getting concrete work done seems to be a supplier's market right now.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County

Having the same issue as well but with a pool builder. I called a local pool contractor and had a short chat and the guy said he would email me some info and different pool (above ground) styles/prices. That was over a week ago. Take a guess if I've received said email yet? I kinda expect to get awful service from anyone these days. That's why I do most my own work. Of course when I slightly scoffed when told it would be $50 just for some guy to show up at my house just to give me an estimate and then scoffed again when told roughly $7-9k for an ABOVE GROUND POOL! Please, and we all know they up the price after the "estimate". Yeah, people suck.

Top Bottom