• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Mine: all original 1 owner 1980 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim that I got with 6,454 miles on it. Got it with everything it came with off the showroom floor.

When I first got it:

My huge list of improvements and upgrades

Hella H4 headlight conversion
    6 blade fuse block upgrade
    SS brake lines, rebuilt master cylinder and caliper
    Rebuilt carbs, new intake manifolds
    Progressive Suspension 418 series adjustable rear shock absorbers
    Rebuilt forks, with Progressive Suspension fork spring kit
    All Balls tapered steering head bearings
    Slipstreamer SS-28 Sport fairing
    Lindby Linbar engine guard
    Cortech Super 2.0 saddlebags
    Castle saddlebag supports
    Tourmaster Cruiser III tool bag
    KG Engineering luggage rack
    Kuryakyn helmet lock
    Kuryakyn LED 'tri-light' license plate frame
    LED accent lighting & LED turn signal side mirrors
    Candlepower headlight rainbow cage
    Akron cell phone mount
    Eklipes power port
    Go Cruise 2 cruise assist
    Dunlop D404 rubber

Show me your ride!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I am waiting for Indian of Lafayette to get in a Scout in white/blue with ABS...ready to buy when they get one...

scout_zpsuakyhuxi.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A funny thing happened to me on the way to the motorcycle shop...

Every time I would start thinking about wanting one, usually while driving, someone would do something impossibly stupid and dangerous which made me profoundly thankful I was driving a semi and not a motorcycle, so I never got one.

Seriously though, the work you put into that machine shows!

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    A funny thing happened to me on the way to the motorcycle shop...

Every time I would start thinking about wanting one, usually while driving, someone would do something impossibly stupid and dangerous which made me profoundly thankful I was driving a semi and not a motorcycle, so I never got one.

Seriously though, the work you put into that machine shows!

Lol, yeah cage drivers terrify me. I ride with an action camera in plain view on the top of my helmet, and only take highways if I have to. Not only because there's less traffic, mainly because I know where all the good back roads with any decent twisties are! Indiana, flat straight roads, boo...

And thanks! Have to give a lot of credit to the old man for the work on my bike, wouldn't have been able to do most of it without him! We spent 3 years on it, and I've put over 10,000 miles on it in that 3 years :-)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Man, through the mid 80s to late 90s I would buy one of those 2 or 4 cylinder mid 70s to mid 80s upright standards that had been forgotten in someone's garage, pay $400-600 for it, clean it up, put 20-40k miles on it then sell it for more than I paid. I loved those bikes. Most recent bike is an '86 Honda Shadow 750 I'm fixing up but also have a Suzuki Savage 650 thumper.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Man, through the mid 80s to late 90s I would buy one of those 2 or 4 cylinder mid 70s to mid 80s upright standards that had been forgotten in someone's garage, pay $400-600 for it, clean it up, put 20-40k miles on it then sell it for more than I paid. I loved those bikes. Most recent bike is an '86 Honda Shadow 750 I'm fixing up but also have a Suzuki Savage 650 thumper.

Nice. I had an 80's Honda Nighthawk 750 for awhile.

I don't know if I'll ever sell mine but it would definitely be worth more than I paid for it! My Dad left me 2 small old Honda' s that hadn't run in decades when he moved out of state. One he got for free as abandoned, the other for $100 in pieces in a box.

I'm sure the Honda's would be worth more than my Yamaha had I fixed them up, but after 9 years of dragging them around with me, I finally decided I wasn't ever going to get around to it. I'm happy with my trade :-)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    UNAkasq.jpg

I think I have about 7500 miles on it now, I bought it with 0 miles on it in July 2014 as a showroom demo.

I have been thinking about adding a Triumph Bonneville to the stable. My wife does not enjoy riding along on the FZ8, and the Triumph looks ideal for the low-speed around town cruising she'd like to join in on.

I also want a Honda Grom...those little bikes are too much fun to stay legal for long.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    View attachment 49408

I think I have about 7500 miles on it now, I bought it with 0 miles on it in July 2014 as a showroom demo.

I have been thinking about adding a Triumph Bonneville to the stable. My wife does not enjoy riding along on the FZ8, and the Triumph looks ideal for the low-speed around town cruising she'd like to join in on.

I also want a Honda Grom...those little bikes are too much fun to stay legal for long.

My old man would love that FZ8! He has a Kawasaki Vulcan, and it bothers him to no end that I can outrun him on my XJ. He's been threatening to get a sport bike because of that since we met lol. (we actually met on our bikes, at Maximum Powersports. Aww lol)

That little Grom looks so fun.. We also have a Super Sherpa 250 dual sport, but it's so dang tall I don't know if I'll ever really ride it. But I know I'd get myself into trouble on that Grom!

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central

2011 Streetglide. Pic was taken at Brown Co SP a few years ago. Bought it new when my custom Superglide needed some work. Wasn't planning on upgrading for a couple of years but didn't want to put the money into only to get rid of it. Dealt with Dan Bell when he had Spyke's in Frankfort. If I heard correctly, he has the Indian dealership in Lafayette now. Great guy. Haven't been able to ride as much the past few years after getting married and inheriting step kids. The youngest is a freshman in high school so only a few more yrs then my wife and I plan on taking many trips on the bike.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill

Nice bobbed XJ! My back can't handle a hard tail lol :-P

Are you a member over at xjbikes.com? If not you have to check it out, I couldn't recommend it enough, for anyone with any XJ or Seca. I buy a lot of my parts from Len who sponsors the forum (xj4ever.com) best selection of everything XJ and the best customer service you could ever ask for!

How's yours run with the pod air filters?

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill

2011 Streetglide. Pic was taken at Brown Co SP a few years ago. Bought it new when my custom Superglide needed some work. Wasn't planning on upgrading for a couple of years but didn't want to put the money into only to get rid of it. Dealt with Dan Bell when he had Spyke's in Frankfort. If I heard correctly, he has the Indian dealership in Lafayette now. Great guy. Haven't been able to ride as much the past few years after getting married and inheriting step kids. The youngest is a freshman in high school so only a few more yrs then my wife and I plan on taking many trips on the bike.

I'm in love with that batwing and those bags, beautiful bike!

Our son is only 3, so we have a while yet before we can start taking long trips just the 2 of us. Our son loves to ride, though, it's in his blood ;-) once he's old enough to sit in back, it's on! We'll just take him with us lol.

Had the opportunity to take the bikes to the NE part of KY last year to visit the grandparents, got to do a lot of awesome mountain riding! Can't wait until we can go back :-D

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I've got a few...

1975 BMW R90S Only made three years, two years in this color.
    s-l16001_zpsqqafvosu.jpg

2011 Ural Patrol
    waskom-23_zpstvpviru3.jpg

Some of the others. 2010 BMW R1200RT, 1981 BMW R100, 2006 Kawasaki KLR650
    010_zps2pihb0gi.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Nice, have owned a few of those XJ's. Friends had them.. great bikes. Nice job with the upgrades.

Mine: all original 1 owner 1980 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim that I got with 6,454 miles on it. Got it with everything it came with off the showroom floor.

When I first got it:

My huge list of improvements and upgrades

Hella H4 headlight conversion
    6 blade fuse block upgrade
    SS brake lines, rebuilt master cylinder and caliper
    Rebuilt carbs, new intake manifolds
    Progressive Suspension 418 series adjustable rear shock absorbers
    Rebuilt forks, with Progressive Suspension fork spring kit
    All Balls tapered steering head bearings
    Slipstreamer SS-28 Sport fairing
    Lindby Linbar engine guard
    Cortech Super 2.0 saddlebags
    Castle saddlebag supports
    Tourmaster Cruiser III tool bag
    KG Engineering luggage rack
    Kuryakyn helmet lock
    Kuryakyn LED 'tri-light' license plate frame
    LED accent lighting & LED turn signal side mirrors
    Candlepower headlight rainbow cage
    Akron cell phone mount
    Eklipes power port
    Go Cruise 2 cruise assist
    Dunlop D404 rubber

Show me your ride!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    2510_zpsvyhq65c5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

1997 Vmax- real carbon fiber body work-Marks 4-2 exhaust-upgraded all levers and pegs.. other than that motor is stock. Just a cruiser with attitude.
    1983 XJ750 in the background buddy at works bike.

Top Bottom