• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    There is a dog thread but couldn't find a cat one. I know cats, but they play a special part in people's lives also. This is peanut, she's 14 and the best cat I've ever had. When she was little she would play fetch. With age she realized, I'm a cat and fetch is beneath me.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Xander just turned 1.

He used to play fetch until the puppy arrived. Now he and he pup are BFF's

Yairi is almost 10

Frank. (RIP :()

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    One of our 3...

Gizmo
    11034386_10152935153964270_5013758479231367106_o_zpsndrnulmt.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is Miss Kitty. I lost her in January at almost 19 years old - had her since she was a kitten. Somebody dumped her at my parents' house, so I took her.

2016-03-26%2017.43.27_zpszaa4ymap.jpg

This is Poppy, my wife found her about 13 years ago in a parking garage downtown Indy. She was also a kitten:

poppyontheclimber_zpsnw9r7fsf.jpg

This is Lulu. She was about 4 months old when she moved into my house, starving to death (literally had maybe a day or two left)

20150722_182029%201_zpso5nxsdlx.png

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We are down to nine. There have been many over the years. We started with two for rodent control...they each had a litter and then one had a second litter before I managed to get her to the vet. Since then, none have been born here, but many have wandered in or been dumped and made themselves at home. All have been spayed or neutered after those first three litters happened. Some have disappeared but most have lived their lives out here being well cared for.

The ones still here are:

Grayson (age 18 and the bigger one of the two) pictured here with Smoky, his mom, before we lost her last year (she was 18 when she passed).

Picture0320150854_1.jpg

Skeaky (also 18)

DSC_6078.jpg

Bashful age 17

DSC_5878.jpg

Freckles 17

DSC_4439.jpg

Kitty Lou 15

DSC_6786.jpg

Mattie 13

DSC_5963.jpg

Elvis 13

DSC_6274.jpg

Lady 9

0629141753.jpg

Lilly 7

DSC_4343_1.jpg

and my grandcat, Kelso :)

downsized_0714140911.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Grayson is shameless. :): I am not allowed to pet MooShu's belly. ONE TIME! she suddenly rolled over and "submitted" and let me rub her belly (so soft). That was it though, she hasn't let me touch her soft belly since. :(

MooShu is approximately 7 years old since no one seemed to know her birthday. Vet said she was about 5 when I had her checked out after I first got her so I made her BD the day I got her. She is a little odd, has weird head movements and is beyond skittish. She has gotten a lot nicer but when I first got her she would bite me, hard enough to draw blood, if I tried to pet her. I was sick and hospitalized then in a nursing home hell for a fe months earlier this year. I think she thought I had abandoned her and now I can't get rid of her, she is right next to me, touching, as I type. She lays on me as I sleep and jumps onto my lao whenever I sit in my La-Z-Boy. She is so warm it feels great to have her as I get pretty cold these days with my diabetes. I am glad to have her and I hope she sticks around for a long time now.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Gidget, a stray calico kitten I found at work two years ago and took home with me.
    0829141912_zpsokllx2so.jpg

Gidget as she looks now...pretty porky and loves to be where my wife is when she's getting ready for work.
    1007150658_zps0wz4jud1.jpg

Gidget taking a snooze.
    0427161629_zpsjdeods9a.jpg

Gidget really loves my wife, as you can see here.
    0521162037_zpslzde0fyn.jpg

Salem, our tomcat, also really loves my wife.
    0722151910_zpsdlc8qwki.jpg

Both Salem and Gidget, in a rare moment when they actually sleep next to each other.
    0328152042_zpswt3v1v20.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is Rusty (RIP) rough housing with our dog Belle...

[video=youtube;nGMN5XdvJQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGMN5XdvJQs[/video]

They were best buds too...

And our current cat, Misty (or as we call her, "Chunky Butt"). :) She survived jumping overboard from our boat at night down at Lake Monroe. She was lost for 9 days before a little girl found her in the woods and took her to a vet in Ellettsville who scanned her chip and contacted us. She looked like she had gained 5 lbs. while lost in the woods!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My ex-wife got me a kitten from a litter her friend's cat had back in 99. His name was George and he turned into a bit of a porker:

a10c146c-3abd-422d-af46-e7c604ad32f6_zps74512b19.jpg

misc009.jpg

A couple months after we got him, we realized he was not doing well by himself, so we picked up the only other black kitten from the same litter, Morris:

P1010016.jpg

Unfortunately George had kidney failure back in 2011 and had to be put down. A few months ago, just before Morris would have turned 17, I had to put him down due to age related issues (he'd stopped eating and had run out of energy to keep going). Still not over losing him as he was my little buddy.

Picked up Denver back in 2011 when I moved back to Indy from MN to be a companion for Morris. He's either 6 or 7 now.

His imitation of ROTFLMAO:

ROFL_zps9e61da16.jpg

Sleeping on Dad's bed:

2013-01-08_14-33-34_829_zps7614c208.jpg

Helping Dad work on a computer:

ComputertechDenver_zps18b16319.jpg

After we lost Morris recently, Denver has become very needy and doesn't like it when myself or the wife aren't home. Thinking we might have to find another cat for him as a companion. Will be tough, as he's declawed and we'll need to find another shelter cat or abandoned cat that is also declawed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    1 of 2 we have.

This is Ernie. We just "celebrated" the 7th anniversary of her adoption day.

qfsvhHi.jpg

Ernie is kind of a tabby / tortie mix. Very strange patterning aside from the stripes that indicate tabby. She's one of our Inbred Wonder Kitties.

I don't have any really good pics of her brother Oliver. He's a typical brown tabby - but huge. Like almost Maine Coon-sized body without the hair.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So many happy, healthy looking cats here! My Kitty Lou is always getting in the dryer when I do laundry so I have learned I have to check before I shut the door! She also gets in closets, the safe, cabinets, etc. When closing doors, I have to check for her constantly. It is not uncommon for my husband to get in the safe for something and me to hear scratching a short time later when she wants out!

So many of ours are older that I know we will be losing some in the near future. I have one of the 18 year olds that is on meds now for urinary tract infection, and it is becoming a pattern with her. She likely has pancreatitis as well, per our vet. We are trying to decide what to do at this point with the two 18 year olds and one of the 17 year olds. Two of these are outdoor cats that are showing signs of problems that can't be cured. They have lost a lot of weight and we aren't sure we want to attempt another winter even with them having heat in the man cave. I want them buried here, and we are thinking of putting them down before the ground is frozen too hard to bury them in the cat graveyard we have for our pets. Grayson is so deaf he howls very loudly all the time...pretty sure he is trying to hear himself. He doesn't hear vehicles or the garage door coming down when he is sitting directly below it. Bashful only has a few teeth left. Kitty Lou has huge lumps on either side of her throat that the vet tells me are "not good". I'm pretty sure they are thyroid tumors. She is my baby so that loss will be particularly hard.

We keep them comfortable and treat what is reasonably treatable, but I don't want to treat to just prolong the inevitable as I believe we have done with a few others. Bear had thyroid issues that we medicated, but I don't believe he had any better quality of life...just lived longer. Lucky had no teeth due gum disease and I was to the point of blenderizing his food every day and cooking special things for him to try to maintain his weight. He had pain associated with the gum disease, and I think he was high on Bupranex the last few weeks before we finally had to have him put down.

I do believe I have a geriatric cat sanctuary. :):

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This one's a pretty good one. He likes to murder anything smaller than him, leaves for months on end and doesn't let us know where he's going, and is a close talker.

Top Bottom