Battlefield 1--Fight Begins Tuesday at 12AM. Anybody Excited?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I just ordered Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition on Xbox 1 for my boys. No, actually for myself. They get to play it, though.

Preorders of the Deluxe or Ultimate get to start fighting early. Others wait until Friday.

Anyone else excited about this game? I played the beta on-line multiplayer version about a month ago with my sons, and it was AWESOME! As a History buff, I love that it is set in WW1, even though many of the weapons are unrealistic.

My son made all the promises boys make, like not asking to get another game until Christmas. Of course with they have intention to keep them, but I made him say them anyway.

As I'm on vacation this week, I'll be up at midnight tomorrow night with a box of Dunkin Munchkins, a tall glass of milk, and the sound cranked up in the headset.

I'll also provide a short review sometime after play begins, either Tuesday or Wednesday, or whenever I take a restroom break long enough to jump on here! :abused:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I attempted to play the open beta, but my PC just can't run it well enough. A shame because it was a lot of fun. I got some pretty wicked kills on the field artillery.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I would like to try it but still own an Xbox 360. I'm not sure if I would need to upgrade hardware for this or not.

I'm getting tired of BF4.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I have mine preordered, but I'm waiting till Friday. I think it'll be silly after watching the game footage, but we will see.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I have mine preordered, but I'm waiting till Friday. I think it'll be silly after watching the game footage, but we will see.
    It is totally silly. No other game where a guy on a horse can shoot down your biplane and ruin your attempt to kamikaze a war train.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    It is taking a LONG time to download. It is big, at 47 GB. Allegedly, once it is downloaded, I'll get 10 hours of play time, thanks to EA Access. That's what my son tells me, anyway. He may be wishing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I gave up after BFBC2. I just got too busy with family and found that it just wasnt fun anymore. Hell, I was in a clan and used to go to lan parties in the BF2 days! While I wasnt THAT good, I wasnt a slouch. In BF3 I found I was getting my clock cleaned CONSTANTLY. To the point it wasnt any fun. Even with a fast rig, I just couldnt compete with the kids that didnt have a life and would spend ALL their free time playing. I kept getting wasted by guys with the best kits and almost never won a Mexican standoff. I noticed that I could buy into the kits instead of getting them by earning them old school. As I sat here looking at the shopping cart I just decided to walk away. I wasnt going to pay an additional $60 above and beyond the game to get all the high powered weapons everyone else had just to have a fighting chance. I walked away.

I continued to play all flavors prior to BF3. The servers were farther and few between, but I still had fun. I still love ejecting onto the titans in 2142 best.

Maybe I'll get back into it again when I have more time to dedicate to it. But I'll be researching the hell out of it first; If Timmy can not only spend 8+ hours a day (12+ on the weekends) but also use daddy's CC to buy his way into ultimate kits, I'm not going there. I've got better ways to spend my time.

Have fun guys! (no hard feelings though my post is rather debbie downer-ish)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I pre-ordered it and have it downloaded to my PS4. I enjoyed playing some during the beta, but I have a lot of practicing to do to play like I do on BF4. My wife isn't a fan of BF4 so playing BF1 is probably going to garner the same reaction when I try to play it.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    I was intrigued by this game, but ultimately disappointed. It's just another run of the mill twitch shooter. It's a shame cause I thought they were going to break from the pack.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I gave up after BFBC2. I just got too busy with family and found that it just wasnt fun anymore. Hell, I was in a clan and used to go to lan parties in the BF2 days! While I wasnt THAT good, I wasnt a slouch. In BF3 I found I was getting my clock cleaned CONSTANTLY. To the point it wasnt any fun. Even with a fast rig, I just couldnt compete with the kids that didnt have a life and would spend ALL their free time playing. I kept getting wasted by guys with the best kits and almost never won a Mexican standoff. I noticed that I could buy into the kits instead of getting them by earning them old school. As I sat here looking at the shopping cart I just decided to walk away. I wasnt going to pay an additional $60 above and beyond the game to get all the high powered weapons everyone else had just to have a fighting chance. I walked away.

I continued to play all flavors prior to BF3. The servers were farther and few between, but I still had fun. I still love ejecting onto the titans in 2142 best.

Maybe I'll get back into it again when I have more time to dedicate to it. But I'll be researching the hell out of it first; If Timmy can not only spend 8+ hours a day (12+ on the weekends) but also use daddy's CC to buy his way into ultimate kits, I'm not going there. I've got better ways to spend my time.

Have fun guys! (no hard feelings though my post is rather debbie downer-ish)

Thats funny! I used to play Battlefield Vietnam in a clan and even played in tournaments. Now it seems when I get into an FPS game I struggle just to have a 1.0 K-D rating. Growing up and not having the time to put into these games is something I expected and I am fine with. I still enjoy playing these games with the older crowd as I have a better fighting chance since they are in the same boat as I am.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Ok, I'm playing a 10 hour preview, for joining EA Access. I won't comment on the gameply just yet, as I just started, but the graphics on the Xbox One are AMAZING! The trenches and forests are incredibly realistic. The map I'm playing is the Argonne Forest. Wow!

I'll let you know more as I continue to play. The graphics are what I'd hoped for, so maybe the game play will be, as well. My son has been playing all morning and he's smitten with it. That's a good sign.

Top Bottom