So much for freedom of speech and expression.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It became apparent after Hank Williams Jr. was relieved of singing the MNF theme song, and it`s ratcheted up ever since. It is NOT freedom of speech, if there`s some price to pay for having engaged in it. And it is especially chilling for pastors, as they see the approaching storm of the day they`ll be imprisoned, fined, or both for preaching the Truth of Gods` Holy Word.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/brady-bunch-alum-susan-olsen-fired-radio-gig-202837031.html

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Freedom of speech is only guaranteed for those on the correct side of the prevailing winds. Otherwise you're an xxxxxxist. Racist, sexist, nationalist, etc.

Sadly, this would seem to be true. There are even those who claim to be conservative, who espouse the position you just described...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yeah, that was a stupid thing to do....I'm not a public speaker in my job, yet if I sent that email to a customer or coworker I would be out to...

Stupid to expect freedom of expression? Only for cold-hearted sheep who kneel down to a despotic government and intolerant society.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I kinda lean this way. I'm assuming that's a privately owned radio station. Their property. Their rules.

Once again, WRONG. Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and speech. It`s only negotiable if sheep lay down their rights. What`s right is NOT right only when/if, it fits some predetermined criteria.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    What you say in private can come back to haunt you. Kathleen Gingrich learned nothing is private when Connie Chung interviewed her almost 22 years ago. Trump learned this about locker room talk this year.

There are plenty of other words she could have used that would not have gotten her fired.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Freedom of speech is only protection from the government not the people.

Seeing perspectives such as this explains everything about why this Republic is in the downward spiral it is in. Weak-willed, weak-minded souls...

Or, it could be the reason is people like gregr.
    The Constitution of the United States of America, is limitations and a description of powers on the United States Federal Government.
    It is NOT in any way a limitation or description of powers on the Citizen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How about this exercise?

Show me the line in the Constitution that says it describes the limitations on, and the powers of the CITIZEN, and you will make me rethink my position.

Top Bottom