• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    If so, post a few of your favorite pictures you've personally taken! :)

I'm planning a trip to D.C. and New York City at the end of the month with my girlfriend and decided to get a really nice camera. I've had a Pentax 35MM SLR for a few years with 3 different lenses, so I figured why bother buying a whole new setup when I've already got some decent glass to work with? So I purchased a Factory Refurbished Pentax K20D body from BestBuy.com for $499 (new is $749.99).

So, here's my setup:
    Pentax K20D 14.6MP Body
    55MM Lens:
    Kiron 80-200MM f/4 MACRO
    Kiron 28MM f/2
    50MM Lens:
    Pentax SMCA F1.7
    ...and couple of SanDisk Extreme lll 8GB Memory Cards.

So I've been learning the ins and outs of this thing and these lenses, shooting everything from my puppy to sunsets and waterfalls getting more familiar with the setup before going to D.C.

Today we visited Cascade Park here in Elyria, OH (my girlfriend lives over here near Cleveland and I'm visiting for the weekend) and here's a picture I took of the waterfall. The first is the untouched RAW image converted straight to JPEG, while the second is the RAW image I played with in Photoshop LightRoom 2.3 then burned to JPEG for your viewing pleasures.

In Shutter Priority Mode, ISO 100, f/16, 50MM, 1/6sec, on a tripod.
    BMS11378-2.jpg

BMS11378.jpg

Here's another I took from a different angle. This one is untouched.
    BMS11372.jpg

Last edited:

sunspot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2008
    Warsaw
    Another Pentax user here, I have the K100D, with the kit lens 18-55mm I also have several of the older k-mounts, A 50mm 1.4, A 50mm 1.7, A 35mm f2.8, A 35-105mm 3.5 constant, (this is my favorite lens, very rarely comes off my camera) A 70-210, and a 100mm macro f 4, also have a few m42 mounts, a 400mm vivitar, So yes I love my Pentax, as with guns my interest switches on these two activities.

I would think there would be a lot of photo people out there, maybe this will bring them out

John

2322552732_3c738e17a7_b.jpg
    2225139750_e9886ff51b_b.jpg

Last edited:

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Glad to see another Pentax user. I know they have a much smaller following than Nikon and Canon crowds, but I really love mine. I played with a bunch of cameras before getting my K20D, but for the amount I have invested in it, I couldn't have done better I don't think.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Some of my work

web2.jpg

This is a "light brush" photography technique.

IMG_1584ssBWwb.jpg

I took this one a couple of years ago after the first snow fall.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just for fun, a few old threads:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/13067-greetings_from_the_top_of_the_world.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/12218-some_photos_of_the_outdoors.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/11022-fall_color.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/6732-fireworks_photos.html

I have a Canon Rebel XTi with the 18-55mm kit lens, a Canon 75-300mm telephoto, and a Canon 10-22mm wide angle. I almost always shoot with a UV filter and a polarizing filter on the lenses (except with the wide angle -- can only do one filter at a time, so usually it's the polarizer).

My website gallery: Photography by Pami: Collections

And if you haven't seen at least a few dozen of my photos, you haven't read enough of this site. :D My sig line when I first started said something like "I shoot Canons." and "I'm more comfortable with my Canon than I am with my Sig." :)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I shoot with a Canon 5D and an assortment of "L" lenses.

Here are a few:

Well... Photobucket seems to be down. I'll post some later.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Canon XTi with the 18-55mm kit lens, Canon 100-300 zoom. Tamron 75-250mm zoom, plus an Tamron 2X adapter to reach out further with the current batch of lens. I also have 2 extra batteries and CF cards in 1meg (133x), 4meg (133x) and 8meg (266x). Want a 400mm IS in a 2.0f, but that's not in the budget for a while.

If the wife had not been laid off in Oct we was planning a trip to DC and around the area with a possible side trip to Baltimore, but that's on hold untill she get employed again.

Here's a link from the air show thread from the Indy Air Show last month that has 3 that took.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/39090-air_show_picture_thread.html#post426132

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Bigum, your photos always make me envious. When are we going to Cali for that photo shoot??? ;)

Well, it might be a little harder for us to get away now. You've got a little one at home now (congrats!) and my wife has twins on the way!

The good news is that my son was with me for virtually every photo, even when he was only 1!

Guess we'll just need a BIG minivan:yesway:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If so, post a few of your favorite pictures you've personally taken! :)

I'm planning a trip to D.C. and New York City at the end of the month with my girlfriend and decided to get a really nice camera. I've had a Pentax 35MM SLR for a few years with 3 different lenses, so I figured why bother buying a whole new setup when I've already got some decent glass to work with? So I purchased a Factory Refurbished Pentax K20D body from BestBuy.com for $499 (new is $749.99).

So, here's my setup:
    Pentax K20D 14.6MP Body
    55MM Lens:
    Kiron 80-200MM f/4 MACRO
    Kiron 28MM f/2
    50MM Lens:
    Pentax SMCA F1.7
    ...and couple of SanDisk Extreme lll 8GB Memory Cards.

So I've been learning the ins and outs of this thing and these lenses, shooting everything from my puppy to sunsets and waterfalls getting more familiar with the setup before going to D.C.

Today we visited Cascade Park here in Elyria, OH (my girlfriend lives over here near Cleveland and I'm visiting for the weekend) and here's a picture I took of the waterfall. The first is the untouched RAW image converted straight to JPEG, while the second is the RAW image I played with in Photoshop LightRoom 2.3 then burned to JPEG for your viewing pleasures.

Looks like your RAW photos sharpen up really nicely in post processing and you can extract good detail. Nice shots.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    If the wife had not been laid off in Oct we was planning a trip to DC and around the area with a possible side trip to Baltimore, but that's on hold untill she get employed again.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was laid off about a week ago, and will be off until anywhere from late August to early October. I've done nothing but work 60 hours a week for the past 3 months so I'm taking a little time for myself and my girlfriend. :)

Nice pictures everyone! :ingo:

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Thank you Bigum. I was super excited to take these pictures and see how they looked after processing them. Unfortunately, I'm just demoing the Lightroom software and in 20 more days it's gone. :(

Anywho, your photos are absolutely stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing what this thing can do. :)

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I bought an Olympus E510 last year to get into the hobby. It came with a couple of kit lenses. I love to use it to shoot my 9 year old boy and nature as well. Really just getting the hang of using it in shutter and aperture modes for various conditions. Recently went to the Indy Zoo and White River Gardens. Had a great time and got some nice shots. It was challenging and fun going from shooting my son petting the sharks in very low light conditions and no flash to shooting the rhinos in the sun. White River Gardens is pretty cool as well for some interesting shots.

P6072345.jpg

P6072439.jpg

P6072497.jpg

P6072518.jpg

P6072500.jpg

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    If you haven't already, for those that make of hobby of this why don't you make some cash from it. You can find plenty of stock photo sites that will pay you for your pictures. IStockPhoto is a big one. They pay per download, so lets say someone pays $5 to download your picture you get 30% of the price every time it gets downloaded. All you have to do is make the effort to upload it.

I have plans on selling stock footage from my GL2 Camcorder, but my life has kinda turned upside down on me very recently and almost everything has been put on hold until I can get my bearings back.

Top Bottom