• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ...to sit at an intersection waiting for people to hand me money. How does this work? Isn't easier, and more profitable, to simply get a job, which typically is indoors and climate controlled? :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That seems to be the epitome of lazy... Pride and self respect is something that would prevent me from doing that unless I were completely unable to do any sort of work for my living.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    ...to sit at an intersection waiting for people to hand me money. How does this work? Isn't easier, and more profitable, to simply get a job, which typically is indoors and climate controlled? :dunno:

You would think. But most of those people are unemployable due to life style choices. l like being lazy, having more important things to do, like drugs. No doubt some of them truly could use a hand. But so many more of them find it easier to mooch off others.

When I see people smoking their Marlboro's checking there text messages or web surfing with a help needed sign hung around there neck I figure they aren't really in need of much help. Just better life style choices.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Wife and I stopped at a Steak 'n Shake (I believe in Seymour) on our way to Alabama this weekend and while we was leaving there was a young man holding up a sign asking for gas money to get to work. His car was parked close to him which made us think, if he can drive there to ask for money then why does he need extra money to get to work? Somehow he managed to drag a girl out there with him, I'm guessing his sister?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I won't forget the time I saw this guy pan-handling on an entry ramp in Clarksville in '93.

His sign was simply: "Hungry, Please Help".

I decided that when I got off work for the night, I'd get two burgers. One for me and one for him.

"I don't want your G** D*** burger, give me a $20." was his response to the offered burgers.

So I had two burgers that night.

The next night I worked, I took a book and read while he begged. He waited out the 9 PM store closing traffic, then walked a couple blocks back to his BMW. He headed back onto the highway and back over to Louisville, according to his plate.

I really wonder how much tax free money these people pull in. Sure must be easier to look pathetic than do something that takes effort and enhances society somehow.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I bet some of those professionals make $50 plus per hour. I've seen them get money from multiple cars during one red light in castleton.

i like the one homeless woman down on 82nd and 69 who has blond highlights and a fake tan.

uh huh

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I won't forget the time I saw this guy pan-handling on an entry ramp in Clarksville in '93.

I decided that when I got off work for the night, I'd get two burgers. One for me and one for him.

"I don't want your G** D*** burger, give me a $20." was his response to the offered burgers.

The next night I worked, I took a book and read while he begged. He waited out the 9 PM store closing traffic, then walked a couple blocks back to his BMW. He headed back onto the highway and back over to Louisville, according to his plate.

I really wonder how much tax free money these people pull in. Sure must be easier to look pathetic than do something that takes effort and enhances society somehow.

I've heard stories like this before. But I image that those that make real scratch are the exception.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Local expose here found that they make damn good money doing it. Actually got one lady to admit it was just over 6 figures some years.

There is one guy that stands at the top of the EB70 to Emerson exit. He is in his late 40s, early 50s. He takes his teeth out and hobbles around on a cane, with one foot flexed up so he walks on his heel like he is crippled.

One day I left work late. I saw him speed walking toward his car, fit as a fiddle. Ever since I have been tempted to stick a sign at the base of the ramp "He isnt crippled, he is playing you".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bet some of those professionals make $50 plus per hour. I've seen them get money from multiple cars during one red light in castleton.

i like the one homeless woman down on 82nd and 69 who has blond highlights and a fake tan.

uh huh

As long as idiots give the healthy ones money that is their job.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Local expose here found that they make damn good money doing it. Actually got one lady to admit it was just over 6 figures some years.

There is one guy that stands at the top of the EB70 to Emerson exit. He is in his late 40s, early 50s. He takes his teeth out and hobbles around on a cane, with one foot flexed up so he walks on his heel like he is crippled.
    One day I left work late. I saw him speed walking toward his car, fit as a fiddle. Ever since I have been tempted to stick a sign at the base of the ramp "He isnt crippled, he is playing you".

Do it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Went to a local store in a shopping area on a saturday. Pathetic looking woman asking people for money as they drove in and exited their cars. Story was she was traveling cross-country to be with a sick relative and had run low on funds. Wife gave her money against my better judgement

We had to order what we wanted and came back the following saturday. You guessed it. Same woman, same story. I had enough sense not to tell the wife 'I told you'

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hebrews 13:1-2

Some may be scammers, but some may be in real need. Let us not equate them all to be the same.

Give them what they say they need then. if their sign says, "will work for food", offer them food for washing your car.

Top Bottom