• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    What say you? Yay or nay?
    What have you done to help you out along the way?
    Mine has been getting progressively worse as I have gotten older. Now that I am faced with a dream job - a chance of a life time - my IBS is what is holding me back.
    Thanks for all the advice guys & gals...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    OK?? I"ll bite.. what the hell is IBS?? Don't laugh at me, I don't get out much.

i about ask the same thing but didn't want to get laughed at incase its somthing obvious.

im thinking mabye international bench shooters but that could be because im searching for a bench rest gun as we type

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was told I have it. It can be a real pain to deal with sometimes. Mine seems to act up worth with nerves. It never fails that when you aren't near a bathroom or when it is a really inconvenient time, it will hit and you feel like you have mere seconds to find a toilet.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I was told I have it. It can be a real pain to deal with sometimes. Mine seems to act up worth with nerves. It never fails that when you aren't near a bathroom or when it is a really inconvenient time, it will hit and you feel like you have mere seconds to find a toilet.

My problem is I don't feel like I have to find a restroom in mere seconds, I HAVE TO FIND a bathroom in mere seconds.

My daughter has Ulcerative colitis and the only thing that helps her is medication.

May I ask what medication she's on? The two the DR's on me now aren't working.

Im always tired. Im sick of using the bathroom. Im tired of not being able to go out to dinner, and then to a movie our out with a group of friends because my GI tract has other ideas.

Basically, life is miserable for me right now. I have a dream job on the horizon, a good house, good woman, and good family - but I've come to the end of dealing with this.

I don't know what to do any more - so much so that I'm reaching out and sharing my health problems with a website that millions if not billions of people could read.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    wow i wasn't very close at all.

I had that happen before with my IBS.. It ain't pretty..

Nerves aggravate it for sure, race mornings always seemed the worst for me.. No longer an issue thankfully..;)

My M.I.L Dr. recommends Zantac or similarly focused meds for treatment, it really has seemed to work for me.. I don't remember the conection but it all kinda made sense//

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I had that happen before with my IBS.. It ain't pretty..

Nerves aggravate it for sure, race mornings always seemed the worst for me.. No longer an issue thankfully..;)

My M.I.L Dr. recommends Zantac or similarly focused meds for treatment, it really has seemed to work for me.. I don't remember the conection but it all kinda made sense//

Yup. Im still missing a pair of socks. All joking aside. Interesting connection about the nerves and the IBS. I've been told that a lot. Becoming a LEO - well the nerves will just have to be on over drive all the time. So the IBS is the one that is going to have to take a back seat.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've never been diagnosed with IBS, but I've had the symptoms you described since forever.

About a year ago I started taking a Zyrtec (over-the counter) every day, and it has been like a wonder drug for me. Not only has it put a stop to the post-nasal drip and cough that I was experiencing all the time, but my bowel problems have greatly improved. I can eat at any salad bar again. Of course, your mileage may vary, but that's what happened to me.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    She was on Remicade but there was too many side affects that we did not like. We got her a new doctor and she has her on Asacol. It seems to work really good for her with little side effects. Her biggest problem is since UC is a immune problem that if she gets even a cold her UC will flare up on her.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My bowels sometimes get angry but I don't treat them very well. I'd say they are justified in being irritable.
    Good luck finding an effective med and lowering stress.

Nuke-in-Indy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Avon
    Care to elaborate please?

I found that under cooked meat (rare to medium-rare) was the biggest culprit. Some whole milk dairy produsts were also a problem, although on a smaller scale. I went through this IBS thing for about 7 years and then after all of the "probing" the doctors did, I fixed the problem myself. I recommend documenting what you eat and your reaction afterwards. That was the best "cure" that I found. I still have occaisonal problems, but 80-90% of what I used to go through is gone now. YMMV

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I just quit drinking Mountain Dew. Fixed all my IBS problems.

Ding, ding.

I had the issues you described. Only appeared after the gall bladder removal three years ago. The doctor said, "You'll discover what you can't eat."

Six months later I told her, "I can't eat whatever I want! EVERYTHING bothers me."

I became legendary at work. If I wasn't uncouth to start with, it could have been a problem.

Miracle of miracles. A couple of month ago I cut out all of the sodas. Why? The new 24 oz cans of iced tea were on sale for $0.99. Amazing but 97% of my problems disappeared.

Drink a soda... all back again.

Cut out all carbonated drinks - coffee too - basically, just drink water for two weeks then see how you feel.

YMMV

Top Bottom