Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I have long ago learned that no matter how right you are, you're wrong and will be punished accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by spec4 View Post
    I have long ago learned that no matter how right you are, you're wrong and will be punished accordingly.
    It isn't so much as you are wrong, but the rules can change any time and you are not required to be updated when the rules change.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    Quote Originally Posted by spec4 View Post
    Word for word conversation I had with my dad 19.6 years ago after being married to my wife for 6 months.....

"I am done dad...F this marriage BS..."

"What happened?"

"Well she wants to get this car cover...I told her it's a bad idea and that I am right about......."

"What? No son...No....That'll never do...Your days of being right are over...Done..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Look son, if it ain't going to cost $20,000 or someone get hurt or killed over it you just say "Yes ma'am" and let it ride..."

"Are you serious..."

"Yes sir....You know how your mom makes all of the little decisions and I make the big ones?"

"Yeah..."

"We have been married since 1963 and we have not had a big decision yet..."

"So even if we are right???"

"Yep...Just let it ride...Like I said, as long as it ain't over $20,000 or going to cost someone their life..."

"Thanks dad..."

"You know how your whole life you kind of thought you were kind of smart? Well read?"

"Yes sir..."

"Well son....You are getting ready to find out just how big a dumb *** you really are..."

"Did Papaw?????"

"Yep...He taught me...Now I am teaching you...."

Just passed twenty years and like my father I make all of the big decisions.....We just don't have any big decisions to make...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post

"Seriously Mirta...I am kin...How did he get to Argentina? U Boat?"
    Maybe not so far wrong! True story (and thread diversion): When I was stationed in a NATO unit in Germany, we got heads up that a new American officer was inbound. He had thoroughly German name -- won't use his real one, but something like Wilhelm Friedrich Stauffenberg. The Germans in our unit were very interested, thought he was first-generation American citizen, parents from the homeland, maybe even born in Germany and hey! Probably speaks German like a native!

Then 1st Lt Stauffenberg showed up: 100% Puerto Rican. Spoke with a PR accent so heavy even us Amis had trouble understanding him sometimes. Turns out his grandfather was a German seaman on a merchant ship that was in a Puerto Rican port when WWII started. Grandpappy Stauffenberg decided "Kein Krieg für mich!" and jumped ship, found a local girl, settled down. All the kids since then had been given German names.

Back to the fight....

In bed with the whispered words, "your sister is better"! Couldn't hang on for 8 seconds!

On a side note, if a man says something, and a woman isn't around to hear it, is he still wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    In bed with the whispered words, "your sister is better"! Couldn't hang on for 8 seconds!
    Bronco style...Dangerous, risky, and worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Maybe not so far wrong! True story (and thread diversion): When I was stationed in a NATO unit in Germany, we got heads up that a new American officer was inbound. He had thoroughly German name -- won't use his real one, but something like Wilhelm Friedrich Stauffenberg. The Germans in our unit were very interested, thought he was first-generation American citizen, parents from the homeland, maybe even born in Germany and hey! Probably speaks German like a native!

Then 1st Lt Stauffenberg showed up: 100% Puerto Rican. Spoke with a PR accent so heavy even us Amis had trouble understanding him sometimes. Turns out his grandfather was a German seaman on a merchant ship that was in a Puerto Rican port when WWII started. Grandpappy Stauffenberg decided "Kein Krieg für mich!" and jumped ship, found a local girl, settled down. All the kids since then had been given German names.

Back to the fight....
    That's some funny stuff right there...Thanks for sharing lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    On a side note, if a man says something, and a woman isn't around to hear it, is he still wrong?
    Also, if a woman is always right, and a man is always wrong, and a man tells a woman she is right, is he right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jkfletcher View Post
    Also, if a woman is always right, and a man is always wrong, and a man tells a woman she is right, is he right or wrong?
    He's Right....Whenever I say that to her my wife says, "You are a good boy..."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast