• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I like that show but am sure a ton of "Hollywood" in it. If anybody watches it...they show them guys with helmets with like 2 binoculars or 4 monocular's on the helmet. I am sure it is something to do with night vision, but is that really what guys wear in war? Them things look big, bulky & heavy.

Edit: I now see they are real and panoramic night vision goggles.....but are they bulky to wear in field?

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I liked it. Walton Goggins is playing his character similar to a Navy SEAL Boyd Crowder, but not evil.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I just watched the second episode. It's entertaining and I will likely continue to follow this series, however... I'm a bit disappointed. Earlier in the evening I watched a unrelated show in which a lady character called a guy a di*k twice because he was being rude. I thought really?? That's acceptable language for prime time tv? But I figure whatever and forget about it right away. Later I'm watching SIX (trying not to be a spoiler for those who haven't watched it yet) and the actor I know from House of a Thousand Corpses (most of you likely know him as Boyd Crowder) drops the mother Effin F bomb! REALLY??! Come on.

Now I use that type of language from time to time. Probably way more than I realize, but the F word? Is nothing sacred anymore? It's bad enough I had to watch a guy try to work one out earlier in the episode.

I enjoy shock value enough hence the HoaTC movie reference earlier, I love that movie. But the F word on regular ol' television? Nah not cool.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I finally watched the 3 episodes I had DVR'd and they were pretty good.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Just finished last week's episode. Yeah, here's a gun, off you go... I think the next episode is going to hurt.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It's not too bad. The night vision goggles are what the high speed units get. This actually gets them better view as opposed to what the regular army uses. Those use both eyes to look in one tube and you have NO pepherial vision. It's obviously a bit heavy, but gives you an amazing advantage. Additionally, the rifles have infrared lasers, so you and your team members can see what you are aiming at, but most terrorists can't see anything at night.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    That is why it looks like a laser pointer when they aim I guess? So is it pretty accurate how they portray it looking in the show, as far as the night vision? I love this show.....old Rip is a mans man.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That is why it looks like a laser pointer when they aim I guess? So is it pretty accurate how they portray it looking in the show, as far as the night vision? I love this show.....old Rip is a mans man.
    Yep, although they are infrared so unless you are wearing night vision, you don't see it. Granted, when it works, it's great, especially at night against most anyone. Heck, lasers even turn on and off, so you aren't showing off lasers on your approach.

Top Bottom