Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness

User Info Menu

Post GI Bill Vets - Take Note

If any of you have passed your benefit to your children, know their payment is going to be reduced. I don't understand why this happened and now many Vets will have to come up with additional funds to pay for their children's education.

gi-bill-housing-stipend-cut-military-kids-passes-house-representatives
    Rudeness is the weakest person's demonstration of strength.

User Info Menu

Still regret letting mine go to waste but they were pre 9/11, use it or lose it.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I retired in 2007 so I couldn't transfer. 3 years of college with Post 9/11 GI Bill, I used all but 3 days of it

User Info Menu

I used 2 yrs of it. I also was one of the one's f'ed over by the VA because I was one of the first to sign up when it let you and didn't get a payment for school till around Nov. I ended up owing the VA back as the emergency loan they misstated which would come off your total benefits was a lie. I have money and time left. But I'm sure I will do 30 yrs with the railroad, so not sure I need another degree. I may get my CDL for work with it.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness

User Info Menu

We have 560-something students who are using their parent's benefits. This is going to really hurt them. I'm trying to find out why this was done and the only unofficial answer I'm getting is to save money.

User Info Menu

Republican sponsored, no less. Somebody better call Trump, and have him threaten a few people to get this fixed.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Converted mine to post 9/11, paid for my MBA.

Specifically because this kind of crap always happens. A promise from the government is only as good as the current Congress. Which is to say, possibly worthless at any given time.

It's also why I don't think "giving up my retirement" by taking VSP was such a harship.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    Converted mine to post 9/11, paid for my MBA.

Specifically because this kind of crap always happens. A promise from the government is only as good as the current Congress. Which is to say, possibly worthless at any given time.

It's also why I don't think "giving up my retirement" by taking VSP was such a harship.
    This. It ALWAYS changes.
    I came in during VEAP 2. Which of course was a successor to VEAP. Which was a successor to various programs going back to the first GI bill.
    But shortly after I went in, it was succeeded by Montgomery GI bill, and I think there have been various versions of that program.
    It comes down to, LET'S DO SOMETHING FOR THE TROOPS.
    Followed quickly by, BUT DON'T SPEND TOO MUCH ON IT.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

If it is a housing cut, just stay at home, and go to a local college .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SSGSAD View Post
    If it is a housing cut, just stay at home, and go to a local college .....
    Yeah, that's the ticket! What if that are already at home going to a local college?

They are also disallowing retirees to get their retirement and disability pay at the same time. This change has gone through several iterations over the past few years, but it looks like real changes may be coming. What do you think about that one?

Last edited by Que; 02-11-2017 at 00:57.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast