• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    Does anyone know if Comcast/xfinity solicits door to door using I'm assuming contracted people driving crummy old cars rather than professional comcast vehicles? I've made a small effort to contact comcast to ask them but when all I found was their 1800AUTOMATEDMESS number I gave up. I was out walking the dogs and seen this guy who appeared to be going up to houses somewhat randomly. He definitely wasn't stopping everywhere and definitely skipped a house with a security sign. I don't know if he stopped at my house, but he was at my neighbors, who thought he was a legitimate comcast rep. I hate soliciting and live in a neighborhood with NO SOLICITING signs at each entrance (as if anyone ever notices) so i'm inclined to be irritated by these people. Furthermore I can't help but wonder if these unprofessional solicitors are burglars casing houses. Anyone know if comcast definately uses solicitors like this? Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know they do have contractors that will go door to door to sell.

but mines were on foot so I don't know the type of car.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I can't speak to Comcast but I know that ATT Uverse used solicitors when they were pushing Uverse. I had young men & women come to my house several times.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I'm not sure about their salesmen, but every installer I've ever seen has his company's name on the truck along with "Authorized Comcast Contractor" or similar statement.

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    I've had them come to my house for years. It's usually in the 1st quarter of each year. Haven't had anyone at the door from Comcast this year as of this reply.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yes they do... both Comcast and AT&T have paid us a visit. Dogs usually warn me before they're at the door and I usually great them on the porch with a fun on the hip and tell them I'm not interested after they get about 3.5 words out. They usually leave, no questions asked.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    We've had them come to our house. They were driving a crappy vehicle and it was a younger man about 20-25 years old. Had a lanyard with his picture ID on it and a number we could call for verification. They've been in our SE side neighborhood a few times. Seem legit, but we just tell them we're happy with AT&T and they say thanks and move onto the next house.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes they do. I've had fliers in my door for Comcast before. I wasn't home so I don't know if they were on foot or not.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    They do, and they also have area reps that talk with people that are past due. I'm guessing these reps will also upsell to others.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Does anyone know if Comcast/xfinity solicits door to door using I'm assuming contracted people driving crummy old cars rather than professional comcast vehicles? I've made a small effort to contact comcast to ask them but when all I found was their 1800AUTOMATEDMESS number I gave up. I was out walking the dogs and seen this guy who appeared to be going up to houses somewhat randomly. He definitely wasn't stopping everywhere and definitely skipped a house with a security sign. I don't know if he stopped at my house, but he was at my neighbors, who thought he was a legitimate comcast rep. I hate soliciting and live in a neighborhood with NO SOLICITING signs at each entrance (as if anyone ever notices) so i'm inclined to be irritated by these people. Furthermore I can't help but wonder if these unprofessional solicitors are burglars casing houses. Anyone know if comcast definately uses solicitors like this? Thanks

When I see "no soliciting" signs, I always wonder how many people don't know what soliciting means.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have had both the local cable company and ATT go door to door with "private contractors". Appears they have a list of addresses to hit, and they skip those that already have service.

Not saying some aren't also casing the place. Several have looked pretty sketchy.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I can't speak to Comcast but I know that ATT Uverse used solicitors when they were pushing Uverse. I had young men & women come to my house several times.

Same here. Funny thing is they forgot to mention to the solicitors that my streets about 4000' of wire too far from the end of the branch to get UVerse. after 3 solicitors, installers, and lineman visits (on their dime) saying it wasn't possible they updated their service map and I haven't been bothered since.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Same here. Funny thing is they forgot to mention to the solicitors that my streets about 4000' of wire too far from the end of the branch to get UVerse. after 3 solicitors, installers, and lineman visits (on their dime) saying it wasn't possible they updated their service map and I haven't been bothered since.

My neighbor behind me with a 769 (Merrillville) prefix had at&t internet.
    But my number 981 (Gary) prefix couldn't get it. It was literally the house behind me.
    I figured it must have had something to do with the switchgear at AT&T.

Top Bottom