Btown Rural
    MonsterEnergylogohauler-tile.jpg

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was only half listening to the pre-race coverage, but I didn't hear anything about rain. Then after driver introductions, they show the pace car and I saw the rain falling. Oh well. Listening to the talking heads is still better than watching another reality TV show that my wife wants to watch.

Ms. Force = Easy on the Eyes

Good to see her and Graham are still a thing.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok so it's been a while since I really followed NASCAR. I know next week is the 500 but what are and when are this weeks events leading up to the Great American race?

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Ok so it's been a while since I really followed NASCAR. I know next week is the 500 but what are and when are this weeks events leading up to the Great American race?

Speed Week at Daytona. Advance Auto Parts Clash tonight when the rain stops. Qualifying for the front row tomorrow. Can Am qualifying races on Thursday of next week. Camping World Truck Series race on Friday. Xfinty Series race on Saturday. Daytona 500 on Sunday 2/26.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's on FS1. Still drying, but they think it will run.

It is interesting info being discussed if you follow the sport though.

Stewart Haas moved to Ford. Carl Edwards walked away. Newlywed Jr back next week, but for how long? Danica doing yoga. Etc...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So is tonights race bastardized like the 500 will be; 3 mini races? Or are they allowed to race flag to flag? I was really looking forward to going to Daytona next year but prefer the traditional format. Maybe we'll just go to Cayman instead.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    So is tonights race bastardized like the 500 will be; 3 mini races? Or are they allowed to race flag to flag? I was really looking forward to going to Daytona next year but prefer the traditional format. Maybe we'll just go to Cayman instead.
    I hate that new format. Along with the chase, which is probably why I follow open wheel and only watch a few NASCAR races a year.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I hate that new format. Along with the chase, which is probably why I follow open wheel and only watch a few NASCAR races a year.

Nascar has driven me off with their formats, points, and boring restricter plates. I'll watch the road courses and a couple of short track races. Maybe, but won't go out of my way to look for them.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    yeah don't remind me. drive me nuts. new season, no art... they send you art with a tm, you send design, they reject because it needs an r-ball. They are so scattebrained it ain't funny... and now we get new logo(s). fun.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I do graphic design for a client who licenses nascar drivers and stuff.
    They don't ever have their **** in gear.
    They send me art, the next day I send them our design and then they reply I used the wrong art. usually it involves copyright symbols tm, or ®... It's guaranteed whatever they send me is wrong from the get go, and a complete waste of time and money on my client's part.

Now they've upgraded their logo... and the series logo with the monster sponsorship...

We have to revamp everything... petty, earnhardt, etc designs, from 10 years ago? All require the new logo... makes no sense. I shouldn't complain, I guess i get paid for it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nascar has driven me off with their formats, points, and boring restricter plates. I'll watch the road courses and a couple of short track races. Maybe, but won't go out of my way to look for them.

Having spent untold hours involved/attending/watching NASCAR they have totally lost me and most of the real racers I know.

Sad. Very sad.

bwF...sorry man, I just can not stomach the over bearing rules/manipulation anymore. And Stewart going Ford...................:faint:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry, nhra is where the money is at...
    It's a revolving door... 20 years ago, no one wanted anything to do with nhra and indycar was the bomb... then nascar took it's turn... now nhra...
    who will it be next

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    As an insider, I have a different viewpoint. It's all entertaining for sure... But I've watched the same guys return year after year, spouting the same secrecy and car salesmanship... and they're always wearing different uniforms from one year to the next.
    I've been propositioned by teams over the years, but declined noticing the above.

A good friend of mine RIP Ed Stone said, they chew you up and spit you out. And if you don't like it? There are 20 other guys hanging on the chainlink fence just waiting to take your job.

Another good friend pointed out how much they are a circus. They roll into town, unfold the tents, put on their costumes, run around and put on a good show... and 3 days later, they tear it all down, and travel to another city to repeat it all.

It's entertaining? But that's it... entertainment. Ford, chevy, toyota.. might as well equate it to repubs, dems and independents.

Top Bottom