Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Crappy situation

I got home from work yesterday and my kids informed me that our "pipes" are making a funny noise. I asked them what that meant and my son ran upstairs and flushed the toilet. All of a sudden, the downstairs toilet started gurgling and making a ruckus. Then the tub and sink started gurgling. Great.

Now the downstairs toilet is full of raw sewage, and the tub has about 2" of in it. We bought the house 2.5 years ago and the septic tank was empty at the time. I guess the tank is too small for 6 people. Having someone come out tomorrow to pump it. Meanwhile, we are trying to conserve water. I told the family "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down."

User Info Menu

Oh, that stinks. Pee outside!
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Hoosierdood just wanted to brag about his fancy indoor plumbing......Tell the kids to crap in the outhouse like their great-grandpa did.........
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

Dads against daughters dating.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    Oh, that stinks. Pee outside!
    I'm pretty sure my boys already do.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdood View Post
    I'm pretty sure my boys already do.
    The grass is always greener when you water with your weiner outside.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Marksman

User Info Menu

i feel the pain.

our tank backed up 16 months ago, lucky for us it was nice out and we have a port a potty [ we have a corn maze in the fall] so we had some place to go. after 2 days of digging and cutting the concrete floor on the porch i found the tank, house built in 1950. kitchen added on in the 60's and they covered the tank, found it and there were no holes in it. it was pored in place with no access. so got a concrete saw and made a hole in the middle so i got both sided. then had it pumped for the first time in 66 yrs. we have a family of 6 now.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that. We had to have a new septic in 2013 which turned into a new lift station that hit bedrock, so $17,000 later our poop is pumped up hill to my new food plot in the woods...

User Info Menu

Are you sure it's the septic tank and not a drain line that's plugged up? A few years ago, we had a minor flood when a branch drain line plugged up (right after my wife went on a refrigerator clean out exercise).
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Are you sure it's the septic tank and not a drain line that's plugged up? A few years ago, we had a minor flood when a branch drain line plugged up (right after my wife went on a refrigerator clean out exercise).
    I had thought about that. Right now it's a guessing game. Call it a crap-shoot. The house was built in the 1940s, and I have no idea how old the septic is. I would venture a guess that it wasn't designed for 6 people. The most likely senario after 2.5 years living there is a full septic tank. Either way, won't hurt to have it pumped. If the problem persists, I will look at other possibilities.

User Info Menu

At least it didn't happen in cold weather with a house full of guest.

My pump went out of the lift station a couple years ago. Got the dreaded gurgling sound and backing up.

Mrs Glue then informed me that the alarm went off a couple days earlier and she wasn't sure why it was making a noise that would not stop so she unplugged it.

I spent Black Friday shopping for a sewage pump. Pumped the tank, threw on some coveralls and in I went to replace the pump.

That was Mike Rowe dirty job worthy

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast