I'm not kidding: Got bit by a mosquito today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Yep, I was outside on my new deck enjoy some fresh air after work, felt something on my forehead, gave it a light wack and didn't think much.

Few minutes later my wife called me inside for dinner, went to wash my hand, here is a dead tiny black mosquito in my palm, and my a small itchy welt on my head.

I'm a real mosquito magnet, but it's NOT even March yet.

My house does sit next to a retention pond, FYI.

The mild winter isn't gonna help on the ticks problems we had last year, I guess.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Some mosquito species (Anopheles among them) overwinter as adults, so they can be seen anytime the weather warms up. Some (certain small Aedes and Culex species) can develop within a week or so if the weather cooperates. So you southern types might be seeing some of both. Have not seen any first instar larvae up here in the north yet, but could be any day as warm as it's been. We are hoping for a good hard freeze after the eggs hatch - if the water surface freezes, they will all suffocate.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been working the garden the past few days. Been bit 3-4 times. I'm sure it would have been much worse without the wind.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got bit on Sunday out shooting behind the house... It'll be time to start spraying for them soon!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm hoping for a couple of days of good hard freeze to short circuit their life cycle. But not so late it knocks the blossoms off the fruit trees.

Top Bottom