• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I just my phone bill from AT&T and its $123 wtf, iv got a iPhone and the unlimited plan and I have been paying $100 and now it's gone up I talked to a rep who I could barely understand, he said it wasn't AT&T it's just some add on I told him I wasn't happy so he took $2 off holy **** thanks, anybody else pay this much for their phone? This makes me so mad, how can cell phone companies charge this much,

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yep. Cell phone bills suck, but it's kinda like gasoline. I can't make my own so I just suck it up and deal with it. Not having a cell phone is more plausible than not having a car though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you have a locked contract and have not exceeded set limits on usage they should remove those charges.
    I have me, spouse, daughter and SIL on my plan. Locked in contract with set limits. We seldom even reach close to usage limits but we get alerts when we do.
    Something has been done that you are not aware of.
    When speaking to the fella named "Bob" from a land you will most likely never see ask for a supervisor or someone that speaks clearly. They have to comply.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've never not had someone that speaks good english when i've called AT&T (i've called them a lot). I wonder if the direct Tv acquisition has something to do with it? And on the high bill subject, that sucks. I'd say change carriers, but I've tried the big three with the same plan I have and they were all about the same or more. Plus, you have to look at coverage area. They are not all created equal.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So just got off with AT&T and the lady was very nice and told her "higher up" about my problem and got me a $20 credit I'll be getting a call back in a few days they are going to look over this bill she said, so I hope this can get fixed,

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You just have to ask yourself, "Is it worth it?" Do you really NEED a smart phone? I don't need to be available 24/7 with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, e-mail, etc., so I don't need a smart phone. That's why I just have a flip phone. You can save yourself at least $1,200.00 a year, if you don't NEED a smart phone.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    I would never get locked into a contract. There are too many options available.
    Carriers such as... Tracfone and Straight Talk have no contracts and they use the same towers as Verizon and AT&T.
    They both access the internet, one uses your pre-paid data and the other is an unlimited plan. The latter costs a little more and yes, the speeds will slow down after
    a pre-determined usage, but they are smart phones with all of the same capabilities of the contract phones. You can also use any phone you wish to.

Those are just two examples, but there are several options available.

Since AT&T acquired DirecTv, it has went down hill rapidly. We are looking at the alternatives to disconnect from the dish.
    Technology has become a waste of money, with them charging you for services you don't use, but they are part of the package, so you can't
    get rid of the stuff not being used.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    Sprint. I pay around $300 a month. Have 3 phones and 4 tablets. The tablets cost $40 a month. Have 40 gig a month. Then 2g after that. We dont go iver the 40 gig.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    $27 a month, unlimited calls and text, 3gb data, bring your phone, no contract. H2O wireless. Some one picks up the phone when you call and you can understand them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Make sure it's not a 3rd party billing you via AT&T. There are scams that bill you for a subscription service you didn't sign up for.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Make sure it's not a 3rd party billing you via AT&T. There are scams that bill you for a subscription service you didn't sign up for.

And getting them removed from your bill can be a nightmare. Make sure you call your phone company and tell them to block third party billing. Landline company too if you have one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would never get locked into a contract. There are too many options available.
    Carriers such as... Tracfone and Straight Talk have no contracts and they use the same towers as Verizon and AT&T.
    They both access the internet, one uses your pre-paid data and the other is an unlimited plan. The latter costs a little more and yes, the speeds will slow down after
    a pre-determined usage, but they are smart phones with all of the same capabilities of the contract phones. You can also use any phone you wish to.

Those are just two examples, but there are several options available.

Since AT&T acquired DirecTv, it has went down hill rapidly. We are looking at the alternatives to disconnect from the dish.
    Technology has become a waste of money, with them charging you for services you don't use, but they are part of the package, so you can't
    get rid of the stuff not being used.

Never ever had issue with the cell bills. Have had a few things be questioned and resolved no problem. Had the same numbers since the Cingular days.
    Just dumped U-verse for the dish. Picture quality is amazing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So just got off with AT&T and the lady was very nice and told her "higher up" about my problem and got me a $20 credit I'll be getting a call back in a few days they are going to look over this bill she said, so I hope this can get fixed,

And getting them removed from your bill can be a nightmare. Make sure you call your phone company and tell them to block third party billing. Landline company too if you have one.

I agree with these folks, sounds like a 3rd party charge. Have them block all 3rd party billed charges going forward, and credit the current fee. I had that happen many years ago with a different carrier than I have now. 1 call took care of it, and no more charges.

Top Bottom