• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    A group of us went to the new store in Noblesville yesterday. Nice store, decent merchandise, outrageously priced IMHO!

$75.00 for jeans, $45.00 to $60.00 for shirts, a single pair of their underwear $20.00. All of the merchandise is made in Vietnam or Indonesia, at least everything I looked at was. At those prices I think they could be made in this country and I wouldn't mind paying for good American made products, but then I guess you wouldn't be able to mark them up 1000%.

I may be just a cheap old man, I may be wrong about the 1000%, but I won't be going back.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I went to the one way out in the NW Chicago 'burbs just after Christmas.

I knew it was going to be expensive stuff - but I wasn't prepared for just HOW expensive.

I figure the only way that I'll have any of their stuff is if someone gifts it to me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some of their stuff is interesting even unique, but I have never felt like their prices were anyway near reasonable.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I stopped at the store NW of Chicago after seeing its sign from the highway. I had been skeptical of their high prices, unfamiliar fabrics, and unknown quality. I bought a pair of lined firehose pants. I no longer remember how much they cost, but I do remember how warm they are, the deep pockets, and the seemingly iron like durability of the material. I will be buying more of their products as needed. Next up will be a pair of lined bib overalls, and then in the fall a pair of lined bibs. I bought some slip on shoes that were on sale with free shipping a couple of weeks ago. The price was very competitive with similar shoes and I am very happy with them. I am done with Levis and will look to them when I need new jeans.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I stopped at the store NW of Chicago after seeing its sign from the highway. I had been skeptical of their high prices, unfamiliar fabrics, and unknown quality. I bought a pair of lined firehose pants. I no longer remember how much they cost, but I do remember how warm they are, the deep pockets, and the seemingly iron like durability of the material. I will be buying more of their products as needed. Next up will be a pair of lined bib overalls, and then in the fall a pair of lined bibs. I bought some slip on shoes that were on sale with free shipping a couple of weeks ago. The price was very competitive with similar shoes and I am very happy with them. I am done with Levis and will look to them when I need new jeans.

If I worked outside or in/around "abrasive" equipment, I would probably invest in their stuff. But for me and my current lifestyle - not worth the funds.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    $90 for a pair of no hassle, no questions asked lifetime warrantied pants is a no brainer to me. I wear out on average 3 pairs of "regular"pants per year. So for me.....I see the value.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    $45 - $60 for a decent shirt isn't crazy. Especially if it's made out of anything other than cotton. (And cotton sucks.)

I used to buy clothing at Walmart and nowhere else. Low initial cost was my primary focus. Lots of jeans lasted less than a year. Shirts look old after 3 washings. Cheap.

You can get 10x the quality for 4x the price. To me, that's a good value.

(I've never had any Duluth clothing, but I certainly have bought trash from Walmart.)

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    $90 for a pair of no hassle, no questions asked lifetime warrantied pants is a no brainer to me. I wear out on average 3 pairs of "regular"pants per year. So for me.....I see the value.

Have you tested this in a store? I have 3 pairs of fire hose pants that the crotch ripped out. For as expensive as they are, I would love to replace them.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Nailknocker, have you ever OWNED any of their stuff? If not, I guess I don't see how you have any license to criticize their price point.

Some of the stuff is overpriced in relation to their peer's products, and some is not.

Their Shoreman's Fleece, in anything I've owned made of it, is a spectacular product that does everything it says it will. I have one 4 year old jacket, and one 8 year old jacket, and both are still going strong. Same for a hat about 7 years old.

-Nate

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    If you catch it during a 20% off sale it helps as well, and they are always running promotions of some kind. My email box receives at least one per day. The quality of the stuff I've purchased from them has been worth it: Ballroom jeans, Firehose pants, Buck Naked underwear. I highly recommend all of them.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Plus you can get a free green tea while you're shopping. I too was there Sunday and had to drive around a couple times to find a parking spot. I was interested in their underwear but one pair was $25 and the next pair I picked up was $27.50. There is no added value to me to warrant that much for drawers.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Have you tested this in a store? I have 3 pairs of fire hose pants that the crotch ripped out. For as expensive as they are, I would love to replace them.

21e70jl.png

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wish they made their stuff in the US. Would buy at that price point for US made. Will not buy at that price for made in Vietnam/Indonesia.

Highly recommend American Giant for a heck of a nice US made hoodie. Very durable. I've worn mine every day it's been below 50 degrees for 3 years now, and it looks and feels like new. I'd like to find similar companies that make extremely durable jeans, flannel, etc... in the US.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Wish they made their stuff in the US. Would buy at that price point for US made. Will not buy at that price for made in Vietnam/Indonesia.

Highly recommend American Giant for a heck of a nice US made hoodie. Very durable. I've worn mine every day it's been below 50 degrees for 3 years now, and it looks and feels like new. I'd like to find similar companies that make extremely durable jeans, flannel, etc... in the US.

I was on their website and they do have some clothing they is made in the USA.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I liked the idea of their stuff, but at my core, I'm cheap. I didn't want to drop that kind of money on clothes especially for something I was going to take hiking, train in, shovel snow, get dirty and scratched up in. I wanted to try them out so I bought a "used" pair on ebay for half to third of the price. They sell some factory seconds there as well.

For me, I'm a large framed guy and if I walk into a normal sized store I get looked at like whale and nothing fits. If I go to the big & tall store I get looked at like a minnow and that I'm out of place. For a guy like me, all I can say is that I really appreciate everything in their store being very true to the actual size it says it is.

When I tried on my first pair of Duluth pants, I was hooked. The heavy fire hose pants are a great winter weight pant, the Duluth flex fire hose pants are much more of a comfortable summer weight pant.

I've been a boxer guy for as long as I can remember and the performance "buck naked" underwear is all I'll wear now period. It's like I got nothing on at all, and for summer or winter I've never been so comfortable in my life.

I've got a fire hose fleece lined pair of pants for when it's just awful cold outside and I'm going to be there for a while. When I go out snow blowing or sitting in a deer stand you can believe that I've absolutely got those pants on. Last Saturday I was training running and gunning with the fleece lined Duluth flex fire hose pants and when it was 30 degrees out getting wet and muddy and everything went great. I stayed warm, if not too hot.

The shoreline fleece jackets are phenomenal. I had a 2XL Tall before going on a diet and bought another at 1X Tall (probably should have just went large tall) and both jackets are awesome fleece jackets and they're nice and presentable.

I bought one of their hanger bender fleece lined jackets for when I have got hand on work to do and they're amazing. The heavy canvas won't burn up when an ember from a campfire hits it, and good luck tearing it up through normal use.

The hats they have are even in a 2XL size which for me was one of the few times in my life where I could have a hat actually fit my head. I don't fit into the "one size fits all" category so for me this was a real treat.

I'm not trying to sound like a complete fanboy here, but I really am. Before I started buying their stuff, I never shopped for clothes. Now I'm trying to talk my wife into a road trip to the store so I can buy as much as possible. Their everyday prices are not cheap, but like it was mentioned earlier they have sales all the time. All I do is leave me cart full until a sale pops up and then I pull the trigger. Guys, I know it's not cheap, and I know it's a risk but seriously their clothes are a game changer especially for guys who actually get outdoors and do stuff. I can't say enough good things about their products.

***I should also mention that as I type this, I'm wearing their jeans, polo, and underwear. Worth every penny.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a lot of their clothing. The only way to buy it is when on sale, taking advantage of an additional 20% sale like the one this weekend. You have to buy enough to go over the $50-$75 free shipping limit.

Of course now that we have this great new store in Indiana, the price went up by 7%. :xmad:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have a lot of their clothing. The only way to buy it is when on sale, taking advantage of an additional 20% sale like the one this weekend. You have to buy enough to go over the $50-$75 free shipping limit.

Of course now that we have this great new store in Indiana, the price went up by 7%. :xmad:

After I bought one of their jackets last year, I like their stuff and wait for the sales online to buy more. I want to try on their pants before I buy any, though, as I'd rather not waste the money on the wrong size.

Not too thrilled about paying the 7% sales tax now, though.

Top Bottom