• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Anybody know of any hardwood lumber places that sells quality hardwood and exotic woods in the Columbus/Franklin/greenwood area??

Big box stores excluding.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody know of any hardwood lumber places that sells quality hardwood and exotic woods in the Columbus/Franklin/greenwood area??Big box stores excluding.
    What exactly are you referring to with exotic woods? My father has a sawmill in Southern Indiana and would love to make a deal on some lumber. PM me if you want.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What exactly are you referring to with exotic woods? My father has a sawmill in Southern Indiana and would love to make a deal on some lumber. PM me if you want.

Exotic being wood harder to come by the maple and oak....what kind of wood does he have? Are they dried or freshly cut?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    do you have logs you what cut?.......i have a portable sawmill.......can cut 20ft x 27" logs.....

At this time, I don't have logs that need cut....however I'll keep you in mind when we go to cut down a big tree in our backyard

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Exotic being wood harder to come by the maple and oak....what kind of wood does he have? Are they dried or freshly cut?
    Oh. That's not too exotic down here in the Hoosier National. He has wild cherry, walnut, maple, oak, and a lot of cedar. The majority is dried outside and covered, but would need planed unless using for sheeting. Most lengths are 8' 4" but also have a lot of shorter pieces that would be perfect for woodworking projects.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Too bad you aren't up by me. Wible hardwoods in South Milford has a great selection. I just bought a couple hundred board feet of wormy maple for a great price. They have a lot of zebra wood,wenge, Purple Heart , walnut burl you name it.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    A place called creekside lumber outside Topeka does very rustic boards. I used to use their oak for arena fence when we still had horses. That stuff wears like iron. Wish they had a website but it is Amish run. I think they have a voicemail and get back to you at the end of the work day.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Oh. That's not too exotic down here in the Hoosier National. He has wild cherry, walnut, maple, oak, and a lot of cedar. The majority is dried outside and covered, but would need planed unless using for sheeting. Most lengths are 8' 4" but also have a lot of shorter pieces that would be perfect for woodworking projects.

What's his prices?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Too bad you aren't up by me. Wible hardwoods in South Milford has a great selection. I just bought a couple hundred board feet of wormy maple for a great price. They have a lot of zebra wood,wenge, Purple Heart , walnut burl you name it.

Hmm...website?

Top Bottom