Who gets the master bedroom on vacation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    My wife and I are taking a little trip down to Florida with another couple. We are splitting a two bedroom condo on the beach. We are torn as to who should get the master bedroom. The master has a nicer bathroom, a king sized bed (vs a queen in the other bedroom), and direct access to the balcony with a killer view. They have basically said we could have it, but I still feel weird just taking it. I want to compensate them for it in some other way, just not sure how, or what a good number would be. Any ideas?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If they say you can have it, have at it.

buy their dinner at a nice restaurant, or pay for some activity.

they probably want you to come out on the balcony at night and catch them having sex though, so be warned

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife and I are taking a little trip down to Florida with another couple. We are splitting a two bedroom condo on the beach. We are torn as to who should get the master bedroom. The master has a nicer bathroom, a king sized bed (vs a queen in the other bedroom), and direct access to the balcony with a killer view. They have basically said we could have it, but I still feel weird just taking it. I want to compensate them for it in some other way, just not sure how, or what a good number would be. Any ideas?

Take them out for a nice dinner and adult beverages. That would cover it.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

Who did all of the work to find the condo and make all the arrangements for it? Whoever did that should get first dibs at the master bedroom.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Lots of sex in this thread... I'll use my better judgment and leave my personal thoughts on this matter off the internet...

How nice of a dinner are we talking? St. Elmos nice, or more of a Stone Creek nice? We're only going for 5 days, so the total for the condo is less than $1500.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Lots of sex in this thread... I'll use my better judgment and leave my personal thoughts on this matter off the internet...

How nice of a dinner are we talking? St. Elmos nice, or more of a Stone Creek nice? We're only going for 5 days, so the total for the condo is less than $1500.

Twistet. I was thinking of TWISTER. Not sex.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Who did all of the work to find the condo and make all the arrangements for it? Whoever did that should get first dibs at the master bedroom.

Kind of a team effort. We all searched for a place on VRBO, this one came up in both of our searches so we went with it. I ended up calling and putting the deposit down, but they will be splitting that 50/50. Another piece of information, we are driving, and taking my car. Maybe I offer to pay for gas? Also, we are getting about halfway before stopping for the night at a motel. Should I just pay for their motel room and call it even?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I feel like an episode of Seinfeld... trying to figure out the complexity of social norms and whatnot.

"Who should pay for what?"

"Should we do a wife swap on the balcony?"

"Yada yada yada"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Kind of a team effort. We all searched for a place on VRBO, this one came up in both of our searches so we went with it. I ended up calling and putting the deposit down, but they will be splitting that 50/50. Another piece of information, we are driving, and taking my car. Maybe I offer to pay for gas? Also, we are getting about halfway before stopping for the night at a motel. Should I just pay for their motel room and call it even?
    If you are taking your car with the added depreciation, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Me personally, I like sleeping in a queen sized bed just fine. we stay next to each other all night anyway.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think you're over thinking this. They probably really don't care. I think buying hotel room down is fine, or gas is fine, or a $100 meal is fine, but choose one and tell them up front when it comes up in conversation. Be appreciative of the room deference and say what you'd like to do to say thanks.

Little advice though, don't swap until the last night. If it goes badly you leave the next day. If it goes well, there's always a summer trip to plan. Worst case is swapping on the way down and having a bad experience.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I think you're over thinking this. They probably really don't care. I think buying hotel room down is fine, or gas is fine, or a $100 meal is fine, but choose one and tell them up front when it comes up in conversation. Be appreciative of the room deference and say what you'd like to do to say thanks.

Little advice though, don't swap until the last night. If it goes badly you leave the next day. If it goes well, there's always a summer trip to plan. Worst case is swapping on the way down and having a bad experience.

So no tugging and driving? Sure would make the ride down more enjoyable.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Seems already even to me, if you are driving and using your car. I wouldn't stress over it.

Yeah, it seems like they offered it to you because you're driving and put the deposit down.

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    If it's that much more of a better room why not offer to split it, you guys have it a few nights and they get it a few nights.

It's just a matter of changing rooms in the same condo as far as bags are concern. Plus this way both couples get to enjoy the nice room, view and balcony.

Plus you wouldn't have to pay for their hotel room or buy them dinner. I would say to split the cost of gas, if you start with a full tank then they should fill it the first time you stop.

Top Bottom