Those squishy orange ear plugs have more than one use.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Sitting at the dinner table my girlfriend has friends over, they have had a bit of wine and as consumption increases so does the volume of their voices. Ive slid out of the area and inserted those little ear plugs and have a carhart wool hat on over my ears. The screeches of 20 something women drinking wine is now bearable. I want to tell them because i think its hilarious. But i think ill keep this idea for myself on these occasions. Bars? Ear plugs. Ladies night? Ear plugs. Dinner with potential mother in law? Ear plugs.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I used to work in a plant that required the orange ear plugs, and we also used air hoses hooked to air guns with a steel tube that just so happened to have the perfect inside diameter for the plugs when rolled up tightly to fit.
    Whenever the tow-motor driver would go by, he never knew which guy would launch an earplug at extreme muzzle velocity at his neck. :whistle:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I used them for sleeping when I was trucking.

I was the opposite. Before I started driving a truck, I needed it very quiet. But after 2 weeks pulling a refer while training, I got over that very quickly. Now, it really doesn't matter. I can sleep in quiet or with noise.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used to work in a plant that required the orange ear plugs, and we also used air hoses hooked to air guns with a steel tube that just so happened to have the perfect inside diameter for the plugs when rolled up tightly to fit.
    Whenever the tow-motor driver would go by, he never knew which guy would launch an earplug at extreme muzzle velocity at his neck. :whistle:
    Electrical butt splice connectors will penetrate drywall with the airhose rig.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Almost the same experience here. We would insert a sharpened, small diameter wire through the yellow foam ear plugs and fire them at a target on plywood. Amazing how far the little buggers will go and still stick.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    As funny as I found your story, oldpink, there are more important matters at hand. What happened with the drunk group of 20 something females?

And how did this thread turn into a discussion of sleeping?:dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We've done the same thing with air guns. I was on the receiving end of beeswax shot out of an air gun - that hurt! My wrist was black and blue for a week.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ahh yes shot lots of things from an air hose...butt connectors(as previously stated will penetrate drywall), pop rivets, ear plug darts, pencil erasers with tumb tack tips, and took a 3/4id hose @10ft long filled with brake clean sprayed over a butane torch to shoot fireballs that would stop traffic, and used air tool nipples in the cap of antifreeze jugs to create small explosions. Good times

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh and we shot off a flare gun once, cops showed up for report of someone sky diving. Shot spud guns across the parking lot. Oh and someone once aquired a flash bang...some jobs were lost over that though

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I hope when you grow up you'll realize just how freakin' stupid some of this **** is.
    I wanna party with you guys. Warped minds know how to have fun.

Lee Harvey...you madman!
    Remember When you stole that cow...and your friends tried to make it with the cow?
    I want to party with you, cowboy.
    The two of us together, though...forget it.

Top Bottom