• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I have already read through the cell phone bill thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/432853-cell-phone-bill-3.html . I wanted opinions of other no contract plans that use the AT&T or Verizon towers. I have been on the NET10 plan for about 5 years but they seem to be slipping here lately with offerings. We are only paying $40 per phone with 2.5G of data. We never use more than 1.5GB so plans with more data don't interest me. The wife's phone is about to die and looking at other companies for options.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Used Net 10 myself for many years with just a few problems. I had the $50 plan with 5gb of data and never really used it all. Updated phones a few weeks ago and switched over to Metro PCS, $50 a month for 8gb of data and so far no complaints. I think they're running a deal for $30 a month with 1.5gb of data and a free phone. Don't know if you're set on AT&T service, they use T-Mobile towers.

TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you need new hardware and can live with no SD card, I would do Google's Project Fi. You have to buy Google's phone for it though. But you only pay for the data you use, if you don't use it all they credit you.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I have Cricket service on the AT&T network for about 6 months now and am quite satisfied with it.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    AT&T sucks around here so I have been using a triple minutes Tracfone for a couple years and happy, I have my Wife and Daughter on the $60 2 phone monthly no contract from total wireless

we all have good service and pay way less than people who get "free" phones from the big company plans.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    On Virgin Mobile (uses Sprint network) $35/month for unlimited all around (I believe they throttle at 4gb). No complaints except they refuse to give me a monthly receipt. They used to, then they stopped. They just send me an email saying "we;ve charged you".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've used straight talk for a few years, no issues at all.

Wife has used them for years as well. Only beef we have is if you have a smart phone, you MUST use the unlimited plan. Even though she doesnt use data hardly. (doesnt check email, and calls me instead of using google maps for directions)

But they have done good by us.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I use Boost Mobile (Sprint). $35 a month unlimited. 4G drops to 3G after 5gb. Very happy with it.
    Buy your own phone, nice Samsung or LG, etc, for $100 and you've got everything you need.
    The only dropped signal areas I've experienced are around Lake Webster and a short stretch just west of Heritage lake.
    I switched over to them after Verizon kept raising their rates. I pay less than 1/3rd now than what I did on Verizon.

Top Bottom