• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got a good buddy that just got married around Christmas.
    He called me a few minutes ago and informed me that his new wife is DEMANDING that he get rid of his guns. Dangerous and evil was what he relayed to me.
    I told him I'd hold them until he threw her ass out in the cold.
    She's not that pretty so I'm thinking that she must have advanced skills in other areas.
    I tried to warn him after I'd met her a couple of times.
    I value my guns so I'm glad It's not me in his shoes. Hell, I wouldn't ever wear shoes like that.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Sad. Did he give any clue how he plans to handle this situation, or was he looking for advice?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Seems like something that should have been gone over/considered prior to marriage..

on another note, i happen to have just opened an evil dangerous gun rehabilitation center in my safe. He can give them to me and with enough positive reinforcement and time they will go out into society as good responsible firearms, since were now applying human traits to tools...
    Sorry for your buddy

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've got a good buddy that just got married around Christmas.
    He called me a few minutes ago and informed me that his new wife is DEMANDING that he get rid of his guns. Dangerous and evil was what he relayed to me.
    I told him I'd hold them until he threw her ass out in the cold.
    She's not that pretty so I'm thinking that she must have advanced skills in other areas.
    I tried to warn him after I'd met her a couple of times.
    I value my guns so I'm glad It's not me in his shoes. Hell, I wouldn't ever wear shoes like that.

I'm sorry, did he meet her before the wedding?

No sympathy...and oaths come before rights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    HMH......This brings to mind a really super sweet and delicious red head from way back in the day. When we were just pals she loved hanging with me and the boys doing the street racing thing. Great fun and really easy on the eyes.
    Then we became an item. Everything started to change. Right up to, you know the line, "Me or the car"

I think you know how that ended. I missed her. For a short time until her replacement stepped up.

My advice to your buddy..........This is just the 1st in a series of "Have to" things that will come up as she puts his package in the ringer. Do not let this happen. Escape now before all is lost.

Especially if she aint "THAT" purty.....:):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have no idea how this didn't come up before the wedding! I am completely with Houge. Once you take the oath you are sunk. He can still refuse to sell though IMO but he's stuck with her on his end. I know I would not be selling, but I also wouldn't be kicking her out... He's just kind of screwed himself here though. Did he rush into the marriage or something? I guess it's hard to have a ton of sympathy since he choose to marry her. If it were a GF she'd be long gone, but...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    As his friend I haven't said much of anything to him BUT... I'm sure it's not going to be the last chunk taken out of his man card.
    As his friend I'll support him until she leaves him high and dry. Then I'll give him some **** for being so stupid.
    INGO isn't "Dear Abby" but I thought some good ideas or Plan B might show up here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As his friend I haven't said much of anything to him BUT... I'm sure it's not going to be the last chunk taken out of his man card.
    As his friend I'll support him until she leaves him high and dry. Then I'll give him some **** for being so stupid.
    INGO isn't "Dear Abby" but I thought some good ideas or Plan B might show up here.

This scenario is played out all the time. Everything is peachy keen fun and frolic until the ring is snugged up into position. Then the fangs come out.

2nd marriage. No guns involved just the fangs that were not visible in the courtship. And she was pretty. Very much so.

Being a friend is what you have to do HMH.
    If he has to sell I am sure we can help....:cool:

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    You guys that can't believe this never came up, have you met women today? Of course she knew. Just as she probably knew this would be a deal breaker, so she kept quiet till she had him locked down.

Is it too late for an annulment before she takes half better? Because eventually this kind of women will.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm sorry, did he meet her before the wedding?

No sympathy...and oaths come before rights.

This. But to cave is foolish and setting him up for a lifetime of misery. Try another way to address her fears. "Sorry babe, they stay. Would you feel better if ... [I bought a safe / we went to training together / etc]."

-rvb

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This scenario is played out all the time. Everything is peachy keen fun and frolic until the ring is snugged up into position. Then the fangs come out.

2nd marriage. No guns involved just the fangs that were not visible in the courtship. And she was pretty. Very much so.

Being a friend is what you have to do HMH.
    If he has to sell I am sure we can help....:cool:

As soon as we were married my EX started complaining about the fish and wild game mounted on the walls. I stood my ground and let her know the fish would be on my walls long after she was gone. She dropped by a couple of years ago and immediately commented about the damned fish and deer. I reminded here that they were still here and she wasn't.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You guys that can't believe this never came up, have you met women today? Of course she knew. Just as she probably knew this would be a deal breaker, so she kept quiet till she had him locked down.

Is it too late for an annulment before she takes half better? Because eventually this kind of women will.

This. I agree. I'm NOT a fan of marriage.
    2uhs7zd.jpg

Top Bottom