• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I went to the range in Carmel and bought a magpul sling for $80 I just now looked on the magpul websit for $60 and after calling 3 times and being put on hold to look up a price for 20min they guy tells me it's $75 so I said so you charge more then the manufacturing site? He said I'm not sure lol but that's the price I said ok and hung up, so I got taken for $20 damn, I think I'll be using Amazon for all my other gear,

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm. No fan of point blank, but brick and mortar shops will ALWAYS be higher than online sources.

I feel silly even having to type that. Kinda though it was common knowledge.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm. No fan of point blank, but brick and mortar shops will ALWAYS be higher than online sources.

I feel silly even having to type that. Kinda though it was common knowledge.

But usually not more than the manufacturer price. Magpul had their MSRP that they sell for, and then they have the MAP that you're not allowed to sell under. They don't enforce it though.

i'm shocked they sold it more than 30% over MSRP, but PT Barnum knew what he was talking about I guess :):

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I bought a rifle carry case there a few months ago. I'm positive I could've gotten the same exact case online for less. BUT...they had no problems with me measuring the case against my rifle and making sure the fit was good at Point Blank. Getting a case I was sure would do what I needed was certainly worth it to me vs. order and hope with online. Besides, they're pretty nice folks up there and I'm happy they're in business--don't mind contributing now and then if it keeps 'em that way.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @eric001 I can understand that in person some purchases are worth a few extra bucks but, a sling doesn't need to have specs, like a gun case so I think I'll use Amazon for other stuff

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So I went to the range in Carmel and bought a magpul sling for $80 I just now looked on the magpul websit for $60 and after calling 3 times and being put on hold to look up a price for 20min they guy tells me it's $75 so I said so you charge more then the manufacturing site? He said I'm not sure lol but that's the price I said ok and hung up, so I got taken for $20 damn, I think I'll be using Amazon for all my other gear,

Why did you buy it before checking prices online first? I'd say the fault is yours for not doing your due diligence. What's that old Latin phrase....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Jennifer-Lawrence-Shake-My-Head-Of-Sadness-Gif.gif

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It often pays to at least "window shop" online. I checked several internet retailers before I made my last gun-related purchase. They were all around $240-$250 plus shipping. Point Blank had the item in stock for $299. Beech Grove ordered it for me for $239 and I had it in 3-4 days. Just one story but typical, I think.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Glad I have the ability to use Google to see what prices are before I buy.

This, I use my phone constantly in stores if I find something that peaks my interest and that I don't know about... It's saved me as much money as paying for data has cost me I'd say pretty easy (not limited to guns obviously).

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Glad I have the ability to use Google to see what prices are before I buy.

Google should be everyone's friend. I constantly have my phone in my hand while shopping for almost anything to see if I can get it cheaper online or somewhere else. It has saved me a ton of money.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Point Blank also has weekly specials that I get emails on, and some of their special gun prices are pretty darn competitive.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Well I'm returning the items, I use google a lot, just didn't think I'd pay over the msrp price, but I'll be using the net a lot more so this doesn't happen again

Top Bottom