• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Saw a brief news report on Channel 59 on the 6 o'clock news this evening re: IPD being called to a residence. Didn't catch the beginning of the report as to why. Newscasters reported the responding officers found 13 firearms - 11 rifles, 2 handguns, and 1 shotgun. The report said the guns were legally owned. Further stated the owner(s) were taken into custody and then released.
    Police were holding the guns until they could determine if any were stolen.

So . . . . . police come to your house, determine it's okay for you to have guns, let you go, but keep the guns - hopefully for only a very brief time. As I said - I don't know why police were called. Assume it wasn't a domestic dispute (?). Regardless, shame the guns were taken.

Before all my firearms were lost in a terrible boating accident I might have had more than 13 firearms.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    poor reporting. (pretty standard with today's reporters) Stolen firearms cannot be legally owned. Checking for stolen serial numbers does not take too long. Checking ballistics to tie the firearms to any unsolved crimes takes a good deal more time. That would make more sense as to why the property has not been returned.
    But of course this wouldn't be done unless there was PC to believe that one or more might have been involved in such activity....Right?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow... who knew that some people owned more than one or two guns... that is arsenal level for sure. Did they use arsenal in the report? I always like it when they talk about an arsenal of weapons. It makes it all seem so sinister.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Did anyone read the article? The police would have never shown up had the misunderstood yutes not been dicking around with a loaded rifle and fired shots into their downstairs neighbors apartment. Once the police get involved, they do what they do.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Wow... who knew that some people owned more than one or two guns... that is arsenal level for sure. Did they use arsenal in the report? I always like it when they talk about an arsenal of weapons. It makes it all seem so sinister.

They also found "several rounds of ammunition". That's sinister right there. It's one type of evil to have a gun. It's another type of evil to have over 10. But to have AMMO to go with the gun......that's just unfathomable evil right there

Least no one was hurt when someone had the ND

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They also found "several rounds of ammunition". That's sinister right there. It's one type of evil to have a gun. It's another type of evil to have over 10. But to have AMMO to go with the gun......that's just unfathomable evil right there

Least no one was hurt when someone had the ND

That is scary... the OP really buried the headline here. Wonder if he is covering for some kind of armed cell.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Did anyone read the article? The police would have never shown up had the misunderstood yutes not been dicking around with a loaded rifle and fired shots into their downstairs neighbors apartment. Once the police get involved, they do what they do.

Where's the fun in that? It's a HELL of a lot more entertaining to make it all up as you go along!

Oh crap. . . . . . that makes us. . . .JOURNALISTS!!!!:scared::runaway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Don't shoot into your neighbors apartment and you will not have us show up and take control what you obviously could not.

BINGO! OTOH, it's a lot more INGO-like to ignore what really happened and just find fault with the police! OYAH (on yet another hand), I wonder when the I'd-shoot-back-if-they-did-that-****-to-me crowd will show up. :dunno:

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    BINGO! OTOH, it's a lot more INGO-like to ignore what really happened and just find fault with the police! OYAH (on yet another hand), I wonder when the I'd-shoot-back-if-they-did-that-****-to-me crowd will show up. :dunno:

Here I am.

Of course there's NO way in H e l l that I would be living in an apartment. Or a trailer house rat shack for that matter. I'll live in an abandonded van down on the river bank before any of that.

But anyway; why have the hardware if you ain't gonna respond? Seems a bit ungratutitous to me.

Edit: Sorry, that should have been all in PURPLE.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Awe geez man you Denny'd it for me. I did not read the article and was just getting the jist from the posts.

Top Bottom