• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We'll be in Pigeon Forge for a little over a day, and we're looking for any "Don't miss this while you're there" things to see during this brief layover. Not too interested in Dollywood at this time but the aquarium looks interesting. Any other 3-4 hour "must see" sights?:ingo:

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    The Aquarium is very nice, I think it's in Gatlinburg, and I recommend it. There are all sorts of museums and such. There's white water rafting and zip lining.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is anything left of those two places?

The wild fires destroyed more lodging then attractions. A few attractions did get destroyed or damaged but no major attractions.

The satellite photos looked good, of course they're a couple of years old!:laugh:

To be honest our main purpose in going there is that I'm a parrothead from WAY back before they had a name so we've made an effort to find a reason to try and visit all of the Margaritaville Restaurants that exist in our world. In other words nothing left coast, northeast or Chiraq. Since their Pigeon Forge location is "kinda" on the way to Destin and we have a couple of extra days we figured we'd knock it off our list.

I don't know if Bud's would be such a good idea though, those kinds of places always cost me money.:spend:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    If you like margaritas, No Way Jose (Mexican restaurant right in front of aquarium) has the best ones I've ever had in my life.

Btw, the aquarium is awesome. Much better than shedd.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The satellite photos looked good, of course they're a couple of years old!:laugh:

To be honest our main purpose in going there is that I'm a parrothead from WAY back before they had a name so we've made an effort to find a reason to try and visit all of the Margaritaville Restaurants that exist in our world. In other words nothing left coast, northeast or Chiraq. Since their Pigeon Forge location is "kinda" on the way to Destin and we have a couple of extra days we figured we'd knock it off our list.

I don't know if Bud's would be such a good idea though, those kinds of places always cost me money.:spend:
    Destin has a Margaritaville that is only two years old as well!

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IF you go to Knifeworks...

Make notes of the makes/models that you "just can't live without"; then come back here and PM Bradsknives (folders) and/or Knifelady (fixed blades) with the information. Let them beat SMK's price AND customer service. AND you can support Indiana businesses!

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I'd drive right on through that commercial congested mess of Pigeon Forge and G-burg and hike in the mountains if it were me. I can definitely live without everything else in the area.

Dirty Steve

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Destin has a Margaritaville that is only two years old as well!

Yup we hit that one last year as well as Lulu's, as someone said upstream the food and service are always a cut above in this price range. It was nice sitting there overlooking the harbor and the boardwalk had some atrtsy fartsy thing going on that she really enjoyed. Everybody has had some great suggestions and we'll definitely be filing them away for a future trip where we'll have more time to explore the non.touristy stuff.

Top Bottom