• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pixel XL here. It's just a good all-around phone. Doesn't stand-out in any particular way, but also can't say much negative about it. Nice, bright screen. Feels like a quality device. I miss having a hardware home button on the face of the phone, though... (and the Pixel has PLENTY of room for one... so I don't know why they wouldn't). That's my only major negative. I also have and use a Note 5, which gives some background to the button disappointment.

The rear camera can be used as a fingerprint scan/unlock, and it has some motion controls for the phone... like swiping your notifications down. Sorta gimmicky though. Another slightly odd design choice is the power and volume buttons are on the same side of the phone. But that may just feel odd because the Note puts the power on it's own side.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I love my Pixel XL. Have had it for about a month now. I do have an issue that has surfaced with the Pixels, the Nexus, and a few other brands. Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) has a compatibility issue with the cellphone's internal radio. The software occasionally shuts the LTE radio off in the phone, then turn it back on. It does not happen often and I have never lost a call I was on. Google knows about it and I'm sure this will be addressed. The finger print reader is super fast in unlocking the phone and 7.1.1 is very fast. I have the 128g version and even with the software issue, I'd buy it again. I have the large Otterbox case on it so this should last me awhile. I think most people would be fine with the standard Pixel but I had to go XL ;).

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have the Pixel XL, and feel the same as those posted above
    I'd been a Samsung Galaxy fan for the last 10 years, and I'm glad I made the switch.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) has a compatibility issue with the cellphone's internal radio. The software occasionally shuts the LTE radio off in the phone, then turn it back on. It does not happen often and I have never lost a call I was on. Google knows about it and I'm sure this will be addressed.
    Happens around 465 & Pendleton Pike doesn't it? Also on the south east side of 465 where I live. The wife got one in December and likes it except for this. She looses calls all the time and it's really annoying. I need to call google and complain again but all they want to do is replace the phone which doesn't fix the problem. I install each monthly update for her hoping it will fix the issue but so far they haven't addressed it properly.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Happens around 465 & Pendleton Pike doesn't it? Also on the south east side of 465 where I live. The wife got one in December and likes it except for this. She looses calls all the time and it's really annoying. I need to call google and complain again but all they want to do is replace the phone which doesn't fix the problem. I install each monthly update for her hoping it will fix the issue but so far they haven't addressed it properly.
    I turned advanced calling off and that helped a lot. It doesn't do it nearly as much as it used to.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I love my Pixel XL. Have had it for about a month now. I do have an issue that has surfaced with the Pixels, the Nexus, and a few other brands. Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) has a compatibility issue with the cellphone's internal radio. The software occasionally shuts the LTE radio off in the phone, then turn it back on. It does not happen often and I have never lost a call I was on. Google knows about it and I'm sure this will be addressed. The finger print reader is super fast in unlocking the phone and 7.1.1 is very fast. I have the 128g version and even with the software issue, I'd buy it again. I have the large Otterbox case on it so this should last me awhile. I think most people would be fine with the standard Pixel but I had to go XL ;).

I got my pixel xl on the 22nd...love it so far(aside from lacking the front button, s pen, and IR blaster)...a co-worker and I were up around 96th(iirc) and my phone couldn't detect my sim card for an hour or a bit more...

Aside from that stretch of time, phone been flawless thus far so I'm hoping Google fixes that bug soon. Still sad about moving on from the note 4 due to above mentioned reasons, the performance and display quality blows the note 4 out of the water.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I turned advanced calling off and that helped a lot. It doesn't do it nearly as much as it used to.
    Haven't tried because we use the video calling and the HD Voice is much easier to hear. To me it's like being told to only drive your car on surface roads because it will shut down randomly on the highway.

Top Bottom