• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    So...I'm doing my work, and updating the Gorsuch hearing thread and this happened:
    ball state university said:
    Ball State University police have ascertained that a report of a sighting of a person with a gun on campus this afternoon was actually a young man involved in the popular game of Humans vs. Zombies.

After receiving multiple notifications, police issued a "shelter in place" alert, quickly located the individual and released an "all clear" message within 20 minutes.

"We work with the campus community to speak up if they see something. They did in this instance, and that was exactly the correct thing to do," said James Duckham, Ball State's director of public safety. "We quickly responded to various witness reports and were able to bring this incident to a safe ending.

"Ball State police regularly practice emergency drills to ensure quick response to maintain campus safety. In this age of instant communication, we also appreciate the updates we received via social media."

After the incident, Alan Hargrave, associate vice president for student affairs and enrollment services and director of housing and residence life, urged people participating in live-action games to exercise discretion about any items that may be perceived as a weapon and be aware that such games could cause alarm. Such incidents also might cause harm to participants or bystanders.

Additional Information

Background

• Ball State police determined that the situation was a young man involved in a game of Humans vs. Zombies, which is popular on college campuses across the nation.
    • Because of the young man's gaming equipment (body armor and toy guy), multiple calls were made to campus police reporting the sighting.
    • Police quickly determined the situation was nonthreatening after speaking with the young man.
    Timeline

• The university sent out its first alert via various channels (text, email, voice mail, social media, websites and digital signage) at 2:09 p.m., instructing campus to shelter in place due to the possibility of a person with a gun.
    • At 2:24 p.m., the alert was updated to include a description of the possible suspect.
    At 2:29 p.m., the all clear was issued.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    all around to varying degrees.

Primarily for the admin and sheeple who freak out at the slightest hint of a MWAG, but also for the kid who repainted the brightly colored gun black making it a little harder to tell its a toy. To his credit he did leave the orange tip, but it wasnt obvious enough.

Though I think somebody running around with this would still trigger a poor snowflake.

38156-longshot.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well, he did paint it black, but honestly, bet a Nerf gun looks about as real as a chicken finger.

Dude, way off track (sorry to hijack the thread, OP) but have you seen the giant chicken video?!? I bet his fingers look like the ones I dip in BBQ sauce and eat with fries!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Dude, way off track (sorry to hijack the thread, OP) but have you seen the giant chicken video?!? I bet his fingers look like the ones I dip in BBQ sauce and eat with fries!
    The one where the huge cock squeezes through that tight hole? Yes, I have. [video=youtube_share;_6oHigzVvPw]http://youtu.be/_6oHigzVvPw[/video]

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

Really, though, it only takes one snowflake with no frame of reference making a phone call to set it all off. The false-alarms like this are going to cause a lot more trouble due to being unable to actually find the "gun" than the Nerf gun they find and announce false alarm. I mean, if someone told me to look through a crowd for a gun sticking up, I'd totally ignore umbrella guy and keep looking.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Next time he should not only run around campus with a Nerf gun, but wear a MAGA hat as well. The place will shut down for a week for "counseling".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    all around to varying degrees.

Primarily for the admin and sheeple who freak out at the slightest hint of a MWAG, but also for the kid who repainted the brightly colored gun black making it a little harder to tell its a toy. To his credit he did leave the orange tip, but it wasnt obvious enough.

Though I think somebody running around with this would still trigger a poor snowflake.

38156-longshot.jpg

That's a Glock, right? You know, all those plastic guns look alike... :dunno:

Top Bottom