• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So we are getting to ready to have a Spring batch of kids. Which usually means people will be coming to the homestead to purchase them. So I decided I really wanted to cross fence an area so that we wouldn't have people wandering farther than they needed to see them. So I got my construction twine out marked the fence line set the post at 8 foot intervals, stretched the fence nice and tight. It was going great until I got to the end where it buts up to our creek.

I fought with the last section for over a week, and finally decided to use livestock panels to finish it off. Bad thing they are about $80.00 apiece and we would have needed about 10 of them. I had all but decided to just take the money out of my 1911 fund and just go to TSC and buy the panels and be done with it.

We today I got home from work and spent about 4 hours digging a trench for the fence, and it worked ☺

I was able to finish it off and it looks great. Funny how I was thinking well let me give it one more try before I gave up.

Funny thing my wife came out to help get everyone in for the night and said it looks great looks like we are going shopping tomorrow.

How cool is that.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So we are getting to ready to have a Spring batch of kids. Which usually means people will be coming to the homestead to purchase them.

So you sell your kids every spring? Do you get them back in the fall? And do they sleep in tents? Do you take trades? I might be willing to swap one of mine for one of yours. She really likes the outdoors.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Baby goats are cute, but GOLLLYYY, What a pain in the arse.

Can we get a pick of the problem area? I've built a lot of fence and I'm trying to envision a problem in a straight line that would necessitate 8 cattle panels.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Baby goats are cute, but GOLLLYYY, What a pain in the arse.

Can we get a pick of the problem area? I've built a lot of fence and I'm trying to envision a problem in a straight line that would necessitate 8 cattle panels.

Its Tennessee all bets are off! Wilson County I have come to find out is nick named the Rock. The last stretch was about 96 feet of rocky rolling creek area. Now I know why when I called Miss Digg when we initially fenced out by the road, The Asked Will you be using EXPLOSIVES?

P.S I could have used some help lol.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow things sure are different down there, you try selling fenced in kids up here, and some nosy do-gooder
    will go and call CPS on you?

Top Bottom