• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I has sad. :(

I have an SKS and have been trying to lose weight.

There should be a safe place.

Look, I'm not here to judge. I like SKSs. I don't currently have one, but would like to. Further, my doctor has recently informed me, based upon my BMI I am merely overweight and not obese....having been formerly obese.

It's just that the picture from that article- fat guy with an SKS. I remember an episode of "American Guns"- Scott the gunsmith, SKS. I've seen it more than a few times, in person and in pictures. I suppose the counterpoint is the Viet Cong, many of whom had the SKS (or type 56), few of whom were fat.

Anyhoo,

Against my better judgment, I wandered over to the "Redneck Revolt" website...for a group that denounces white supremacy, they sure use the term "white working class" a lot. Maybe they're just your average, friendly, loving, communist white separatist types.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Look, I'm not here to judge. I like SKSs. I don't currently have one, but would like to. Further, my doctor has recently informed me, based upon my BMI I am merely overweight and not obese....having been formerly obese.

It's just that the picture from that article- fat guy with an SKS. I remember an episode of "American Guns"- Scott the gunsmith, SKS. I've seen it more than a few times, in person and in pictures. I suppose the counterpoint is the Viet Cong, many of whom had the SKS (or type 56), few of whom were fat.
    So there's an interesting point - and a total derail - I wonder if the percentage of overweight gun owners (and I hate the BMI - it doesn't really consider "fitness" as a function of body weight) is greater or less than the population at large.

My gut (pardon the pun) tells me its above the at-large percentage.

So, any SKS owner would be more likely to be overweight.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    So there's an interesting point - and a total derail - I wonder if the percentage of overweight gun owners (and I hate the BMI - it doesn't really consider "fitness" as a function of body weight) is greater or less than the population at large.

My gut (pardon the pun) tells me its above the at-large percentage.

So, any SKS owner would be more likely to be overweight.

But, but, I own an SKS and I only weigh 140lbs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The video seems to show a significant percentage of them with brown shirts and red armbands/bandanas.

That's an unfortunate color-reference.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The video seems to show a significant percentage of them with brown shirts and red armbands/bandanas.

That's an unfortunate color-reference.

No kidding. Everybody knows blues go better with browns. Buy those people a color wheel for Pete's sake.:gheyhi:

Top Bottom