A-10 Warthog Takes A Direct Hit From SAM, Gets Pilot Home.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Oh my. That is why I adore the A-10. It was made to survive WW3 over Germany, a few angry Iraqi's aren't gonna faze it. Best aircraft we ever made, of any kind. I wish we would just make more. Thanks for posting.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I wonder how it would compare to a Su-25 Frogger..?

Nah, the warthog oh wait Thunderbolt II would win hands down.

We should make more, update them.......The little prop planes will not work and the F35 is not even the same mission.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Try that with an F-35 piece of junk. The whole plane would have blew up and it costs at least 4 times what the A-10 did/does.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Beast of a plane.
    Someone mentioned the F-35 not being as tough as the old Hog. Agreed. I can't think of another aircraft as tough and the A-10
    When you think about the newer pursuit planes they're on the bottom of the evolutionary rung of the ladder.
    This newer technology is not that new but it's changing daily as we learn more about it.
    Hopefully the engineers will eventually fit all the pieces together to develop a great plane. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    And the braindead ****s in charge at the Air Force refuse to relent in trying to retire this Thunderbolt/Warthog?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Straight from the A-10 Wikipedia article (100% worth a read) "The aircraft is designed to fly with one engine, one half of tail, one elevator, and half of a wing missing[SUP]" [/SUP]
    What else is really cool about the plane is that the Pilot sits in basically an armored titanium "bathtub" that can survive 23mm cannon fire.

We need the A-10 in the inventory because sometimes you just have to say **** you to terrorists with about 3,900 rounds a minute of 30mm depleted uranium cannon shells.

Top Bottom