• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I arrive at my place in NC only to find my 6 acre woods with Creek running thru it is completely submerged and is now a huge swamp/shallow pond thanks to a family of beaver. No back lot target shooting for me until I get that fixed. It's so deep and complete that I can hardly determine where the creek is supposed to be

On the flip side, I hear it's cold and rainy in Indiana. We're going to the beach (to play in sand. It's not that warm).

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you need to break out your rifle of choice and set up and start sniping...or as someone else mentioned Tannerite. Blow it up, drain your swap and bag some beaver

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If you crack the dam with some explosive or a backhoe, they will come to fix it. They just can't stand the sound of running water.
    Check your local game laws so you don't get in trouble.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    If the beaver are used to people they can be pretty hard to get a shot at. I've tried on a couple different occasions and it's always been more chance than great hunting skills for beaver, I've tried 00buck and 22lr, plus 222rem for some long range beaver sniping. The little furballs give you a very low profile in the water, and because thier eyes are so small they don't reflect very well with a red light. I've seen tv shows with all the little tricks of a recording of running water and stuff like that, it might take perseverance and luck

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Reverse psychology......He knows what he's doing!

I try. Of course I watched every YouTube video of blowing up beaver dams and intend to purchase a wheelbarrow full of tannerite tomorrow. But I had to see what would happen if I just toyed with the title a bit. Not bad. I got the idea after being sucked into the YouTube vortex.

Top Bottom