• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    First off,
    Thank You to all those who protect and serve and stand up against crime each and every day!
    May God protect you and bring you home safely every night! Thank You.

After reading a news clip from WTHR... Two officers injured when bleach is thrown during dispute - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

I was saddened by the 31 officers who have lost their lives this year. The article reminds us to support our local L.E.O. and I was wondering what are good ways in showing support.
    Buying breakfast, lunch, or dinner is an easy way. Donating funds to local stations. Shaking hands with an officer. All pretty basic but can there be some other suggestions thrown out here? Just want to know!

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Always support our LEOs. If I'm somewhere and have the opportunity to buy a meal, coffee or something, I'll usually do it. They don't get the respect or acknowledgement they deserve.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    All of the above. I live on the main road that leads in to town so this is how I show my support. I have had many LEO stop by to thank me for doing it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Jay, I really like your flag and light setup. It looks subtle yet powerful and meaningful.

But I also have to point out that your Cheyenne looks pretty bada$$

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Well since this was bumped i figured i would throw in an amazing experience i had. My first day on patrol was july 4th and the support and respect we got from the town was amazing. My dept. is real big into community policing so we went pretty much house to house and said "hey, happy 4th" and what not and just about everyone offered us stuff to drink or eat. I made several friends my first day. I stood at a party forever giving handshakes, highfives and knuckle bumps and just getting to know the people. It was amazing to see and im so glad that i am being welcomed into the community. Its folks like you that made my first week so cool. Im just a rookie so i dont speak for everyone but just say hi to me when you see me and it makes it so much more fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well since this was bumped i figured i would throw in an amazing experience i had. My first day on patrol was july 4th and the support and respect we got from the town was amazing. My dept. is real big into community policing so we went pretty much house to house and said "hey, happy 4th" and what not and just about everyone offered us stuff to drink or eat. I made several friends my first day. I stood at a party forever giving handshakes, highfives and knuckle bumps and just getting to know the people. It was amazing to see and im so glad that i am being welcomed into the community. Its folks like you that made my first week so cool. Im just a rookie so i dont speak for everyone but just say hi to me when you see me and it makes it so much more fun.

We need a lot more of this.

A lot more.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've been known to order pizzas for NW District on occasion.

But I'll still outrun you guys if you ever try to pull me over :D

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    We need a lot more of this.

A lot more.

I was really amazed at the kindness the town showed. One family invited me to a dinner they are having next week which caught me off guard but is very thoughtful.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was really amazed at the kindness the town showed. One family invited me to a dinner they are having next week which caught me off guard but is very thoughtful.

A couple Thanksgivings ago, I responded to a house alarm on Black Friday about 5pm. The resident butt-dialed the panic key fob...no big deal. Their dogs charged me and nearly licked me to death, it was terrifying. They invited me in for Thanksgiving leftover sammiches. I partook. It was delicious.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    They wouldn't let me say no on the 4th and my fto was eating so I grabbed a small plate and then the grandma started force feeding me lol. I had to go to the bathroom and loosen my vest a bit. I left full and with a couple recipes.

Top Bottom