• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Saw something today that made me wonder about the law. Is there anything prohibiting a sex offender from working for an ambulance service in indiana? I know several states allow it but wasnt sure about indiana. The reason i ask is i was driving down the road and recognized what i thought was a registered sex offender driving an ambulance so when i got home i looked him up and sure enough he is registered as a sexually violent predator and works for the company. It just seems odd and wrong that that would allowed. Anyway i dont even know where you would find something like that so i figured i would ask.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I these people have to make a living and all. I am not sure how I really feel other then I think these people (if truly found guilty beyond a shadow of doubt) should not walk the earth, at least freely anyway.

I have/ had (i think he might be dead now) a guy that lived 3 doors down that was on the list. Child molester. The sex offender website also use to show that a few sex offenders worked at the Meijer store about a mile away and a few others living within a mile or 2.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Medicare/Medicaid won't pay for services rendered from a person on an offender registry. That's the only thing that I know that prohibits them from being hired. In our facility, it could potentially cause issues with all federal moneys, so we don't do it.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I these people have to make a living and all. I am not sure how I really feel other then I think these people (if truly found guilty beyond a shadow of doubt) should not walk the earth, at least freely anyway.

I have/ had (i think he might be dead now) a guy that lived 3 doors down that was on the list. Child molester. The sex offender website also use to show that a few sex offenders worked at the Meijer store about a mile away and a few others living within a mile or 2.

They need to make a living somewhere they don't have access to unconscious patients, including children.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    His offense was 35-42-4-3 child molesting and he is listed as a sexually violent predator on the registry and under "other" addresses it lists transcare. Just seems weird to me that that would be ok. Probably nothing to do to change it i was mainly just curious. The sheriffs department obviously knows where he works.

I agree he needs to make a living and i respect that but I don't think he should be near folks that may not be able to resist any inappropriate acts.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I would call his Employer, ask to speak with the Supervisor. Question him why he has a Child Molester working in his Company. Seems like there should be some prohibited jobs due to his offender status.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In my sensibilities, and embezzler should ever again work around money, a pedophile should never again work around children, People with necrophilia should never work around corpses, and a sex offender should never again work around people in medical distress. I know that in today's "PC" culture I an a deplorable person, but it makes good sense to me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess it would matter to me what the offense was.

THIS.

It seems that too many people are getting caught in this dragnet - one's that aren't any real threat to anyone.

A 20 year old boy that receives explicit photos from his 16 year old girlfriend doesn't belong on that list; sure it's wrong, but he's no more of a threat than anyone else hanging around at the park.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Here's my only problem. You're 17 and your girlfriend is 15. Being redblooded American teenagers, you go at it like monkeys almost every day. Ring any bells?
    You turn 18, and for whatever reason your girlfriend's parents report you as having improper relations with their daughter.
    Guess what? You're found guilty, and the judge says you have to register for the rest of your days.
    Sound good? It happens all the time. Because you were having sex with your girlfriend one day as a 17 year old, and the next day as an 18 year old, you're now in the same category in the eyes of the law as a person who did despicable things to children.
    Not fair? Too bad.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom