• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I ordered something that costs a few hundred bux and it was shipped via FedEx with signature required. The day it was scheduled for delivery, I ended up at Riley Hospital with the boy child and acute appendicitis, so I was going to miss delivery. I asked my neighbor who is retired and basically lives outside all day if he could intercept the FedEx driver and sign for my package. He calls me and says the driver wouldn't do that. Ok, whatever. I came home for a few minutes that night and got the call-tag that FedEx left on my door and the driver left me a note that says I can call the 800 number and schedule a pick up at the local FedEx facility, so I do that. I was told that the shipper requested that service to not be an option. I was then suggested to go to my FedEx account page and schedule the delivery for when I'd likely be home so I tried that but was unable to. I told the phone agent that I couldn't and he said it was user error and put me on with tech support. With them I discovered that the shipper had also requested that scheduled delivery times not be an option. I end up with a supervisor who told me that my only option was to let them attempt delivery 2 more times, and if that was unsuccessful, they'd return it to the shipper and I could call them and request they make the shipment less restrictive. :xmad: The next morning I get a call from the local FedEx hub supervisor who tells me that he pulled the package and I can come get it at their secure location, but they can't send it out to the local facility for me to pick up. He gives me an address and it turns out to be near my house! I got my package after all that fanagling, but it sure was a pain. -1 Fedex / +1 Fedex = neutral. I can't figure out why a shipper would make it so hard to receive a package.....

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    That sucks. Perk of small town life is I know all the delivery drivers well enough that they can bend rules for my convenience

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I like the one they put on your door that said they will not attempt a second delivery but I can pick it up at the distribution center but when you get there they tell you they sent it out for delivery the next day!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Part of my job is to ship items all over the country. I've handled freight, USPS, UPS and FedEx. I hate FedEx. UPS isn't a pleasure, but I've had better luck with them VS Fedex.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I ordered something that costs a few hundred bux and it was shipped via FedEx with signature required. The day it was scheduled for delivery, I ended up at Riley Hospital with the boy child and acute appendicitis, so I was going to miss delivery. I asked my neighbor who is retired and basically lives outside all day if he could intercept the FedEx driver and sign for my package. He calls me and says the driver wouldn't do that. Ok, whatever. I came home for a few minutes that night and got the call-tag that FedEx left on my door and the driver left me a note that says I can call the 800 number and schedule a pick up at the local FedEx facility, so I do that. I was told that the shipper requested that service to not be an option. I was then suggested to go to my FedEx account page and schedule the delivery for when I'd likely be home so I tried that but was unable to. I told the phone agent that I couldn't and he said it was user error and put me on with tech support. With them I discovered that the shipper had also requested that scheduled delivery times not be an option. I end up with a supervisor who told me that my only option was to let them attempt delivery 2 more times, and if that was unsuccessful, they'd return it to the shipper and I could call them and request they make the shipment less restrictive. :xmad: The next morning I get a call from the local FedEx hub supervisor who tells me that he pulled the package and I can come get it at their secure location, but they can't send it out to the local facility for me to pick up. He gives me an address and it turns out to be near my house! I got my package after all that fanagling, but it sure was a pain. -1 Fedex / +1 Fedex = neutral. I can't figure out why a shipper would make it so hard to receive a package.....

The reason a shipper wont allow for scheduled time delivery is because of Fraud.

People who are buying with stolen CC info (obviously not you) will schedule a delivery for the address of a vacant house at 2pm. Then they are waiting at the house at 2pm, sign for the package and are gone without a track (don't ask me how I know). CC companies work at the speed of a turtle, and with the internet shipping works at the speed of light. In the last 12 months Ive lost thousands to fraud, and really no one cares. Local cops cant do anything, out of town cops dont care because it doesnt effect anyone in their area, CC companies make money on it, so its looked at as a victim less crime.

I had a order come trough the site around christmas that looked completely normal with the exception that they wanted expedited shipping. They ordered a few days before christmas, so to my redneck mind expedited shipping to panama city made sense. Next day, same person, same card same address makes another order. To me it still made sense due to a lot of cards having spending limits, 3rd day another order comes in, and I know Ive been had. Since I did expidited shipping the first order (2500 bucks) was already gone, the second order (2k) I missed by hours, 3rd order was saved. So thats 4500 bucks out the door that no one but me cares about.

In February a order came through that looked fishy (billing and shipping were different). I called the other guys CC company, and ask them to call their customer and ask them if they had placed the order, and get back to me. CC company said they cant give out their customers info, and I said I dont want their info. Im giving you their name, CC number, CVV, billing address, and just want you to make sure its legit. They would not comply after about an hour on the phone (time I didnt get paid for). The CC company would just say, I would be notified in 3 days if it was fraud, (what takes 3 days to ship anymore). I made the hard call, and didn't ship, and it turned out to be fraud. The CC company looks like a hero to their customer in fraud because they give your money right back to you. The customer thinks "what a nice company". What they dont know is, the CC company doesnt pull the money out of their pocket, they pull the money out of MY pocket.

I litterally get a fraud attempt at the minimum of once every other week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, FedEx is a mess. Wish I could figure on a regular basis how to specify "shipper other than FedEx."

FYI- The website would not let me specify delivery options on a missed signature delivery as was advertised either. :xmad:

The bad thing is about every third delivery is the friendly FedEx hot delivery chick.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I like the one they put on your door that said they will not attempt a second delivery but I can pick it up at the distribution center but when you get there they tell you they sent it out for delivery the next day!

Or when they are returning your XDS from the pooch screw recall and your're anxiously waiting on it when they pull in the 400' driveway and sit at the end for about 20 seconds then drive away. Check your tracking and it's marked you weren't home, while you were standing at the door looking at them.
    Or when they use the brand new, less than 6 hour old, gravel pad for your new pole barn as a turn around, cutting ruts in it in the process.
    Or drive through your grass & flowers in the front yard so they can get around the rope you tied across the driveway to keep them away from the same section the next day.
    Or when she walks 50 feet past your front door so she can try and mace your dog that's on a runner and can't get anywhere near the front door.
    Or when she tells your wife that she doesn't care where the dog is she's going to mace it anyway just to be sure it never comes close to her.
    Or when...you get the idea.

I won't use FedEx for ANYTHING that I have a choice on. I'll pay double the shipping to keep that psychotic woman off our property. I ask every business I purchase from if the ship FedEx, if they say yes then I ask for different shipping. If they refuse then I tell them nice day an shop elsewhere. If they ship it FedEx anyway then I take the tracking number over to the hub (25 miles one way) and tell the manager that I don't want it delivered and to hold it there I'll come in and pick it up on a second trip. Of course this doesn't always work and they put it out for delivery anyway. In those cases I block the driveway halfway down with my truck and work in the barn reloading or something so I can see when the nutter gets there.

John, the UPS driver, comes to the front door (if I don't hear him and meet him outside). He scratches the head on the dogs when he sees them and sometimes gives them a meaty bone. They bark and are happy to see him. They know he's coming when he's still a mile down the road. I know from their bark he's on the way and am usually waiting outside when he pulls up. The dogs cower and hide on the fare occasion the FedEx truck comes. I mentioned the differences to her once just to see what she said. She told me "good, the mace worked and I won't get bit." I've never wanted to slap someone up side the head so much in my life.

**** FedEx

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man, I keep reading all these horror stories about Fedex, USPS, UPS, etc. and I guess I just must be lucky. I've not had an issue with any of them. My only complaint about Fedex (and really it's with the CMP for using them exclusively) is that they no longer allow ammo to be delivered and held at one of their Fedex stores. Because it's "hazardous" :rolleyes:, it has to be held at their main hub across town. (There's a Fedex store 5 minutes from my house.) If I'm going to be home, they can deliver it to me, but if I'm not, my only option is driving across town because it's been sent "signature required".

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Stopped by the FedEx center in Columbus on the way home the other day to pick up a couple of boxes for the Walther CCP recall. I had Walthers instructions that says to use a FedEx medium box. Gave it to the girl (at my age most females are "girls"), she went behind the wall to check with someone with more experience and I heard the other person say "you cannot ship a firearm in a FedEx box. It has to be in a plain box". OK, what ever, just give me two medium boxes and I will worry about it later. Took the FedEx box to the FedEx Office location on Madison and the only comment the clerk made was "OH, that is the second one in two days". Turns out he is a shooter, so we talked guns for a few minutes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Or when they are returning your XDS from the pooch screw recall and your're anxiously waiting on it when they pull in the 400' driveway and sit at the end for about 20 seconds then drive away. Check your tracking and it's marked you weren't home, while you were standing at the door looking at them.
    Or when they use the brand new, less than 6 hour old, gravel pad for your new pole barn as a turn around, cutting ruts in it in the process.
    Or drive through your grass & flowers in the front yard so they can get around the rope you tied across the driveway to keep them away from the same section the next day.
    Or when she walks 50 feet past your front door so she can try and mace your dog that's on a runner and can't get anywhere near the front door.
    Or when she tells your wife that she doesn't care where the dog is she's going to mace it anyway just to be sure it never comes close to her.
    Or when...you get the idea.

I won't use FedEx for ANYTHING that I have a choice on. I'll pay double the shipping to keep that psychotic woman off our property. I ask every business I purchase from if the ship FedEx, if they say yes then I ask for different shipping. If they refuse then I tell them nice day an shop elsewhere. If they ship it FedEx anyway then I take the tracking number over to the hub (25 miles one way) and tell the manager that I don't want it delivered and to hold it there I'll come in and pick it up on a second trip. Of course this doesn't always work and they put it out for delivery anyway. In those cases I block the driveway halfway down with my truck and work in the barn reloading or something so I can see when the nutter gets there.

John, the UPS driver, comes to the front door (if I don't hear him and meet him outside). He scratches the head on the dogs when he sees them and sometimes gives them a meaty bone. They bark and are happy to see him. They know he's coming when he's still a mile down the road. I know from their bark he's on the way and am usually waiting outside when he pulls up. The dogs cower and hide on the fare occasion the FedEx truck comes. I mentioned the differences to her once just to see what she said. She told me "good, the mace worked and I won't get bit." I've never wanted to slap someone up side the head so much in my life.

**** FedEx

PLEASE tell me you reported the animal abuse to her supervisor since she admitted to
    it?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I realize UPS isn't perfect, but their delivery drivers just seem so much happier than any of the fedex drivers I know! When I worked in the fabrication shop, I was always closer to the door than the shipping/receiving guys, so over the years, I got to know a lot of delivery drivers by name. For the 11 years I was there, we had the same UPS guy every day, and when he took a day off, there were 2 other guys that would fill in for him, they were all nice guys, talkative, and professional. Fedex, by contrast, over 11 years, probably had 15 different drivers, a couple were OK, but the rest ran the spectrum from not very friendly, to total jackasses. I don't know what it is with fedex, but their employees always seem to be bummed out. Totally different vibe from UPS.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I realize UPS isn't perfect, but their delivery drivers just seem so much happier than any of the fedex drivers I know! When I worked in the fabrication shop, I was always closer to the door than the shipping/receiving guys, so over the years, I got to know a lot of delivery drivers by name. For the 11 years I was there, we had the same UPS guy every day, and when he took a day off, there were 2 other guys that would fill in for him, they were all nice guys, talkative, and professional. Fedex, by contrast, over 11 years, probably had 15 different drivers, a couple were OK, but the rest ran the spectrum from not very friendly, to total jackasses. I don't know what it is with fedex, but their employees always seem to be bummed out. Totally different vibe from UPS.

Very true, in the 7ish years I've been in business Ive had 10 FedEx drivers, and changes to the route, pickup/delivery times probably 20 times. Our area have had the same 2 UPS drivers for 20-25 years. Our first FedEx driver was great, the 2nd was good, the 3rd was ok, etc, etc. Somewhere near #7 we did get a good one for about 4 months.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I have said this 3-4 times, on INGO.....

UPS drivers, are UNION, and Hourly .....

They need to work 20 - 25 years to retire .....

SOME Fed Ex drivers, are COMMISSION, and get paid

per delivery, or per box .....

BIG DIFFERENCE .....

I KNOW, I have worked for BOTH places .....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    FedEx has been in the business of screwing their "subcontracted" (they lost big on that in federal court) drivers for years now. UPS drivers are UPS employees, and are paid pretty well. And it shows on the average. There are exceptions both ways, of course. Also UPS doesn't have a different truck for every service, which I like. When I was working in the crib at a factory, it drove me nuts having to go to S&R looking for an expedited package, only to learn the ground truck had been there, but not the NDA truck.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sometimes all that restrictions works in favor of the consumer. My CC got hacked (no surprise), they used it to order ~$300.00 worth of stuff and ship it to a non billing address, got an email from the vendor stating fraud suspected and call if I want to order to proceed. But yeah I have my nightmare stories, worst one being I order $$$$$ item with signature required, late getting home from work and wife was out, package leave on front porch. I still say USPS is the worst when it comes to packages.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    PLEASE tell me you reported the animal abuse to her supervisor since she admitted to
    it?

I went over there in person after all this (and much more) to complain. I was told the manager was on vacation and would be gone for 2 weeks. I asked who was in charge next and was given the run around. I told them I would be back in 2 weeks and more pissed than I was right then. 2 weeks later I go back and speak with the manager and found out that he'd been back for a week and they knew when he was coming back. I told him everything, had pictures of the gravel she cut ruts in and the invoice with the total price for the pad which had the date completed on it. I showed him the tracking numbers matching up with the date of completion. Showed him pictures of the tracks through the yard and crushed flowers from the next day. Told him about the dogs, showed him the layout of the door & the runner.

He asked me what I expected him to do about it. I told him we've had problems with that psycho driver for years and I wanted to see her ass fired. He said that wasn't going to happen because she had been with them for a very long time and knew what she was doing. He also said not to even think about asking for reimbursement if I wanted to fix the ruts in the gravel. I never asked for that at all, I only brought the invoice to show the dates. I just threw my hands in the air and left. Called the corporate number and told them everything as well. They took my contact information and said they would check into it. Nothing for a week, called them back and got the same story, we'll look into it. Completely useless company.

Nothing was ever done. It's still the same manager, still the same psycho driver. The barn was constructed 4 years ago.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    My biggest complaint is FedEx's store hours. Rarely do my work hours match up. It once took me over 2 weeks to get to the store front to pick up a package requiring signature. Made the first 50 mile round trip only to find out they did not have Saturday hours. Had to take off work early to get there. Found out it was a $75 item that cost me $50 in gas and lost wages to pickup.

Top Bottom