• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok I need some advice. Last night my next door neighbors decided to have a cook out and a bit of a party. It never got out of control but the karaoke was a bit loud and lasted until almost 3am. This evening they have gathered again and I'm not sure I will be as patient tonight if it carries on too late. I would try talking with the couple that live there but they happen to be mexican and we clearly have a communication barrier.
    I really don't want to be that PITA neighbor, but was really close to calling the police last night.
    So the question is what time do noise ordinances in Indy kick in?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No loud noises between 2200 to 0700. However, I would STRONGLY recommend finding a way to talk to them and resolve this before calling 911. Being friendly neighbors is VERY important.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No loud noises between 2200 to 0700. However, I would STRONGLY recommend finding a way to talk to them and resolve this before calling 911. Being friendly neighbors is VERY important.

Oh I completely agree, as previously stated I don't want to be that PITA neighbor. I want to be ad civil as possible about it. I have tried to talk to them casually in the past but they just sort of politely smile, nod and walk away. Last night was the first of such parties in the year they have lived there. Figured that late and the alcohol was flowing over there that I was best to let it go and see what happens. Thanks for the ordinance input.
    Stay safe

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We used to have the same issues with the Mexican folks that live around us. A few responded to my asking that they not run the horrible sing alongs past midnight as they can not sing sober and it only gets worse after copious amounts of alcohol. The others responded to my giving them a couple of doses of OZZY's flying high again and Iron man on the 500 watt system in my shop.
    They still gather and occasionally it gets into the wee hours but not 2 nights in a row anymore.

Call LE in if it goes on to late.

Oh, and I hate that damned Umpa-Lumpa crap. Hate it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We used to have the same issues with the Mexican folks that live around us. A few responded to my asking that they not run the horrible sing alongs past midnight as they can not sing sober and it only gets worse after copious amounts of alcohol. The others responded to my giving them a couple of doses of OZZY's flying high again and Iron man on the 500 watt system in my shop.
    They still gather and occasionally it gets into the wee hours but not 2 nights in a row anymore.

Call LE in if it goes on to late.

Oh, and I hate that damned Umpa-Lumpa crap. Hate it.

This is very similar to what my brother recommended. He has some rather serious studio monitor speakers and offered to blast some OZZY.
    BTW, I'm with you I can't stand the damned umpa lumpa music. Sounded like a drunk carnival next door

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Fire up the race car at 0300. See how they like it.

:D. That might be a real option by next weekend. Only down side is I don't want to **** off my other neighbors who have never complained about the noise I make with the car. Well there was one time a neighbor complained because he works 3rd ahift and I pulled it out to wash it at like 2:00 in the afternoon. I simply said hey I work nights too...and then let it idle while I washed the car

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is very similar to what my brother recommended. He has some rather serious studio monitor speakers and offered to blast some OZZY.
    BTW, I'm with you I can't stand the damned umpa lumpa music. Sounded like a drunk carnival next door

Yeah they do like to party outside.

Ozzy is they way to go.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Sounds like it's time for you to move. Cinco de mayo is just around the corner so you better make it quick. :rockwoot:

Your just cranky because your sick. Just go talk to them. Use google translate on your cell.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like it's time for you to move. Cinco de mayo is just around the corner so you better make it quick. :rockwoot:

Your just cranky because your sick. Just go talk to them. Use google translate on your cell.

Could be a tad cranky because I have been sick. Never heard of google translate before your post.
    Cinco de Mayo...hmmm may have a "party"of my own. I don't plan to move, been here for 12 years only 3 more left on my mortgage. I believe they rent although not sure.

sljccj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Franklin
    Google translate works very well. I used it to communicate with Mexican dude that boughtva car from me. He showed a up and thought i was gonna be a Spanish guy.

Top Bottom