• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I went in the Greenwood store yesterday.
    Definitely not any decent prices and very little inventory. Most items were 10% off their regular prices. Some items were up to 30% off but those prices were easily beatable.
    Nothing to see there.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Yup, they filed bankruptcy. And I read somewhere that they won't honor warranties or take returned items.

One of the guys at work went in looking to score a deal on a new UHD tv and said even with the sale prices were higher than what Best Buy sold them for.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Discounts will increase as time goes on. Risk reward scenario. Pay more now get the item or wait until they really need to liquidate stock and risk running out of stock.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Discounts will increase as time goes on. Risk reward scenario. Pay more now get the item or wait until they really need to liquidate stock and risk running out of stock.

The Greenwood store was basically out of stock.
    No way they sold that much merchandise so I'm guessing that the suppliers came and got their products.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's a shame. I grew up two doors down from the Throgmartins from back when the whole operation was one storefront on Keystone. I guess the family have been out of it for years, so they're ok. The headquarters is up here on 96th street, I may check that out. They may have moved the good stuff up here.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    That's a shame. I grew up two doors down from the Throgmartins from back when the whole operation was one storefront on Keystone. I guess the family have been out of it for years, so they're ok. The headquarters is up here on 96th street, I may check that out. They may have moved the good stuff up here.
    We were at the 96th Street one Saturday night, there was practically nothing left.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We've bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years. My wife got to meet Ken Beckley and was her boss at IU for awhile some years ago. It really went down hill after he left.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Went to an HH once to buy a cheap vaccum - like $65 or something if I recall. I pulled out cash to pay and dude wanted my name address and phone number. I said wtf for? Warranty he says. Bull I say. If I need warranty coverage I will call manufacture and provide receipt. As if I would really jack with that on a $65 vacuum... lol. last time in there.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Can't say I'm sad to see them go. Last time I was there they wouldn't come down on a stove and hood I could get delivered to my home for $2000 cheaper than in their store. Brick and mortar stores need to keep up with the times or else.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Worked for them for a while. Not a bad place to work. When Throgmartin bought Sun that was the beginning of the end. Too big too fast then didn't adjust for the interweb.

Bob

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We bought a kitchen "ensemble" from the Greenwood store a few months ago. Stove, refrigerator, microwave, and dish washer. It took over a month to get all the appliances delivered. They delivered damaged products and incorrect products and failed to deliver on dates promised repeatedly. I think we were lied to by just about every employee with whom we dealt. To their credit, they adjusted prices and refunded money until we ended up with about $2800 worth of merchandise (retail price) for right at $1000. We don't live far from the store. I quickly tired of being lied to over the phone and was in the store at least twice a week throughout the debacle and was lied to face-to-face several times. If they were staying in business and had the best prices on the planet, I would never deal with HHGregg again.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Sad. I know a manager there (might be gone now, not sure). I always got great deals through him. Even when he moved to another store he would call 96th street and say "take care of Hop". Great delivery and installs. TVs, fridge, dishwasher, range, microwave/hood, etc... No problems at all.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I used to buy some things from HH Gregg, until some salesman lied to me.

Bought a pair of Advent speakers from them and said "if you have a new pair in never opened boxes I'll take 'em".

The salesman assured me they did.

As I was up at the counter paying, I caught them trying to box up the display models that were clearly used, and the DOMES in the center of the speakers had been mashed in.

I told the salesman "Don't bull**** me. Either give me new ones or give me my money back!".
    The Manager ended up getting involved and trying to talk me into buying the display models and I refused.

So after arguing with them for awhile, I finally got the new in the box speakers the salesman told me he was selling me.

I NEVER went back.

Top Bottom