Peeps Fishing on your property, opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    House property goes back into part of small farm pond. As neighborhood grows, more people think they can come on my / neighbors property & fish. We've politely told them it's private property & not open to just anybody in neighborhood, it's very clear in HOA we/they all signed.

Options for repeat offenders, especially the belligerent?

Neighbor calling Sheriff now, I was going to let it go, as they did move (with some colorful metaphors) but still on other neighbor's property.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What_do_laid_off_Peeps_do_in_their_spare_time__They_wait_for_something_to_bite-1_medium.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Take pics, video yourself asking them to leave and if they refuse call LE.

I have a very fast RC boat I'd be using to disrupt them as much as possible any time I saw them back there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just call the local law. I lived on a private lake for 20 years and you are always going to have trouble, it's just one of those things you have to keep after. Lots of folks out there who just believe that all water is public property, when they want to fish there they fish. Went out early one morning to find people fishing off my dock 10 yards from a big sign that said Private Lake No trespassing, told them to leave, they told me to get ******. Called the sheriff and they almost told the deputies the same thing. Won't say they were roughed up, but they were manhandled after insisting that the lake was Geist Reservoir.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Call the DNR. I did it recently for some guys that were running the dogs on our property without permission who were giving me a bunch of crap when I confronted them. They were issued warnings and were told if the DNR is called back, there will be fines next time.

DNR regulates hunting and fishing so that would be my call.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Next time, just casually comment that the last guys who trespassed on your lake mysteriously disappeared.
    Be sure to twitch randomly and roll your eyes back in your head while telling them that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How about having custom signs made?

"WARNING! Heavy metal contamination. Do not fish, do not swim, do't even LOOK at the water. Stay back 50'" :):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    lots of signs, lots of walks out there. Do you have a drone? could send the drone to hover over them then go to the sign, then to them, then the sign

Top Bottom