• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    How about barrel protector that goes on your boot. It looks like a round fob that laces into your boot laces, so that you have a place to rest the barrel! This just has bad idea written all over it

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is for an unloaded gun...an unloaded and opened over/under, single shot or SxS...not intended for semi auto or pump. One of those items you need to be smarter than the piece of leather it's made from to operate

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have one of those shoe protectors. I ONLY use it with a break open shotgun when it is broken open, and you can physically see down the barrel set. I would not use it any other way.

At some of the big shoots, there are people with golf carts riding around. Some have their guns on a rack behind them sort of like a shotgun rack. I don't even like them driving by me with the barrel pointed to the side.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, I've never heard of resting the barrel of your shotgun on your foot. I have to ask... Why?? They're not that heavy, and for me it seems like it would be really awkward... :scratch:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is for an unloaded gun...an unloaded and opened over/under, single shot or SxS...not intended for semi auto or pump. One of those items you need to be smarter than the piece of leather it's made from to operate

IBTNSTAAUG

​In before there's no such thing as an unloaded gun

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Okay, I've never heard of resting the barrel of your shotgun on your foot. I have to ask... Why?? They're not that heavy, and for me it seems like it would be really awkward... :scratch:

Weight, I suppose, is a relative thing. I shoot an over and under shotgun that weighs in excess of 10 lbs. When I shoot registered trap or skeet the events are 100 birds (rounds).

Holding a 10 + lb gun for the duration of an event is tiring.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Weight, I suppose, is a relative thing. I shoot an over and under shotgun that weighs in excess of 10 lbs. When I shoot registered trap or skeet the events are 100 birds (rounds).

Holding a 10 + lb gun for the duration of an event is tiring.

Also at competitions after a shooter has finished a match they often socialize while the next group shoots and it can provide a handy place to rest the weight of the gun. Dome people don't want to put their expensive shotguns in a rack and walk away. I recall back in the 90's seeing guys shoot $10k Perazzi's so you can probably understand

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Pretty easy to tell who has done a great deal of shotgun shooting and who has not...

Waiting for Kirk to come along and call everybody a stupid redneck or something like that just to prove his superiority...

Top Bottom