• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We'll never really know how much truth there is to these accusations. Many years ago I was falsely accused on two occasions. One was racial which was a joke, the other claim was sexual which was also a joke. I was trying to fire an incompetent employee and she thought by playing the sexual harassment card she could get a check. Anyway, I well know how it is to have a group gang up on you and try to get rid of you.

In my working career I've had several occasions of women coming on to me. Guess I should have filed suit.

We regularly watched his show. He had some interesting people on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We'll never really know how much truth there is to these accusations. Many years ago I was falsely accused on two occasions. One was racial which was a joke, the other claim was sexual which was also a joke. I was trying to fire an incompetent employee and she thought by playing the sexual harassment card she could get a check. Anyway, I well know how it is to have a group gang up on you and try to get rid of you.

In my working career I've had several occasions of women coming on to me. Guess I should have filed suit.

We regularly watched his show. He had some interesting people on.

Just because you pay a settlement does not indicate guilt. It does however indicate you wish to put it behind you and move forward.
    Did those settlements come as hush money or get lost money. If he did do these things and learned nothing from it then he got what was coming to him.
    If in fact this was a lever to get him out of Fox then we will never know.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Agree. I got out of corporate America 15 years ago. My revenge is living well. That said, it had got to the point where you had to be extremely careful of anything you said to a female employee. You also had to be careful not to be alone with a female employee.

I'll grant that O'Reilly's ego may have been his worst enemy. Anyway, I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agree. I got out of corporate America 15 years ago. My revenge is living well. That said, it had got to the point where you had to be extremely careful of anything you said to a female employee. You also had to be careful not to be alone with a female employee.

I'll grant that O'Reilly's ego may have been his worst enemy. Anyway, I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

Being in the service industry and working in large office environments on a pretty regular basis these things were always happening.
    I lived by the motto that...."Never get your meat where you get your bread" and it worked out well for me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It looks like "The Five" is moving to 9 and Boling is going to do a different show at 5. I was hoping Watters would pick up that slot. He is a hoot. But he will he a regular at "9".

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    And I don't put much faith in him being guilty. Getting fired doesn't mean he is guilty. He has ruffled a lot of feathers. He doesn;t seem to be the grab ass type. I enjoyed the show for the most part. Whoopie and the gang were cackling all over this story today.

Tucker Carlson is growing on me. He isn't afraid to call someone out on BS on either side. Things are getting interesting at Fox.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fox is a lot better without Megyn. It'll be better yet without Bill. Now if they'd just get rid of Shep, it would be a really great network.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And I don't put much faith in him being guilty. Getting fired doesn't mean he is guilty. He has ruffled a lot of feathers. He doesn;t seem to be the grab ass type. I enjoyed the show for the most part. Whoopie and the gang were cackling all over this story today.

Tucker Carlson is growing on me. He isn't afraid to call someone out on BS on either side. Things are getting interesting at Fox.
    I doubt ruffled feathers got him fired. The network paying large settlements paired with loss of sponsors most likely made it financially unfeasible to keep him. They need someone sponsors are willing to pay big bucks to support.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Infobabes are on a short clock anyway. Why wouldn't they sign up for the gravy train? Especially after precedence got set to just pay them to go away?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard they paid out 5 million in settlements. Thats not chump change. The report I heard said that women from the bottom to the top of Fox were upset that he was still hangin around.

This possibly could be that he was being a grab-aholic or

Infobabes are on a short clock anyway. Why wouldn't they sign up for the gravy train? Especially after precedence got set to just pay them to go away?

This.
    Will we ever really know.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've watched him quite a bit over the years, but I'm no real fan of the man himself, more enjoyed the guests, be they from the right or the left.
    I also suspect that at least some of the allegations against him have merit, but there is more still to this than meets the eye, namely the far left, especially Media Matters, a Stalinist outfit that has had conservatives in general, Fox News in particular, and O'Reilly (and Limbaugh) most particularly of all, in their cross-hairs for decades now.
    Whatever your opinion of O'Reilly, just remember that, far from being satiated by his ouster, they will only be emboldened to collect more scalps.
    To that lot, there is no such thing as enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've watched him quite a bit over the years, but I'm no real fan of the man himself, more enjoyed the guests, be they from the right or the left.
    I also suspect that at least some of the allegations against him have merit, but there is more still to this than meets the eye, namely the far left, especially Media Matters, a Stalinist outfit that has had conservatives in general, Fox News in particular, and O'Reilly (and Limbaugh) most particularly of all, in their cross-hairs for decades now.
    Whatever your opinion of O'Reilly, just remember that, far from being satiated by his ouster, they will only be emboldened to collect more scalps.

This is a possibility as well. A strong one.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Yep, every right wing, right leaning news personally has a target on their back. I beleive that more then anything.

How long before some lefty digs up some dirt on Sean Spicer. He is giving lefty's apoplexy left and right, well more left. :):

Tucker Carlson and Jessy Watters have to be watching there backs at Fox too. Lots of lefty's hate them as well.

I have notise Fox hires some of the hottest and some of the smartest gals. Look at Harris Faulkner. And many of the others. Then go look at the line up at MSNBS. Woof.

If Old Billy was playing grab ass I hope he pays dearly. But if this is just a move to placate the lefty's or a smear job I feel for him.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just because you pay a settlement does not indicate guilt. It does however indicate you wish to put it behind you and move forward.
    Did those settlements come as hush money or get lost money. If he did do these things and learned nothing from it then he got what was coming to him.
    If in fact this was a lever to get him out of Fox then we will never know.

You don't pay out millions to multiple people on completely baseless claims, I'm not the biggest Hannity fan but at least he's a decent human being. Bill always came off as a shameless hack.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You don't pay out millions to multiple people on completely baseless claims, I'm not the biggest Hannity fan but at least he's a decent human being. Bill always came off as a shameless hack.

Sure you do. It's called extortion. Easier to just pay someone to go away then get drug threw the mud. Once you are accused of something like that you are convicted in the average persons eyes. I would not be surprised if there weren't payouts. I am sure it will all come out in the end and then we might figure out all out and separate facts from fiction.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sure you do. It's called extortion. Easier to just pay someone to go away then get drug threw the mud. Once you are accused of something like that you are convicted in the average persons eyes. I would not be surprised if there weren't payouts. I am sure it will all come out in the end and then we might figure out all out and separate facts from fiction.

What?
    You mean the Duke Lacrosse railroading and the Rolling Stone UVA "rape fraternity" weren't the travesties that I thought they were?

Top Bottom