• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if there is surveillance video? Trying to shoot the lock off seems to be a lot of exposure?

It's unnerving how nonchalant the news now reports carjacking "incidents".

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Bradis is two miles from my home. Red car was carjacked at 37 and Southport, again two miles from my house the other way. Ms. Remington (Remi, my 'pup') went bat poop crazy at some point this morning. Delay on getting the surveillance cameras up has been expedited

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Too bad they were not hit by fragments trying to shoot the locks off. Thats a common rookie mistake. Glad no innocence people were injured.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's not IF a gun shop will be rammed with a vehicle - it's WHEN.

This has been happening for 5+ years. One of the above posters has personal experience with this.

Copious steel/concrete bollards around the perimeter are about the only defense against it from a passenger car. If there's a secluded shop, I'd think that a large enough truck could still defeat the bollards.

Even WITH bollards, sometimes chains are still used to rip parts of the building/doors away. That's why USDS has both bollards AND a roll-top steel door cover that hides the doors when the place is closed.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow, 2 attempted gun-store robberies in just over a day...

Four Seasons in Bloomington was broken into overnight Tuesday night. 19 yo IU student called about a handgun then went and tried to buy it, was told he had to be 21. Came back that night and threw a brick through the window. Owner recognized him on the video, police traced the phone-call to him and a search warrant found the clothes in his apartment. Seems he's a few apples short of a full-load.

Top Bottom