Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 879

Thread: Science

  1. #581
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    If you cannot see it you cannot read it, that is, unless you guys ruin it.




  2. #582
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I don't know why this turned into a religious thread. I thought y'all had 3 or 4 of your own discussion threads?

    Anyway, JH? Most of your argument(s) fall(s) within the area of Classical Science (Physics and Chemistry, primarily). While they certainly apply locally, they don't fully explain the relativistic effects of space/time, or the quantum world. INGO members have been generally courteous in their replies to your attempt to argue from the Classic view, but we've grown beyond that. It's 114 years since Einstein's Annus Mirabilis. 119 years since Planck began to speak of radiation quanta. 100 or so years from the discovery of galaxies outside the Milky Way, and guys like Bohr and de Broglie and Pauli and Schroedinger body slammed our view of classical reality.

    The Universe is 13 + billion years old, but its diameter is over 90 billion light-years and appears to be expanding at a faster and faster rate. We don't know if the big bang was THE initial condition or only a LOCAL initial condition. Much yet remains to be discovered and understood.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

  3. #583
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
    Don't put words into my mouth.
    It's your Constitutional right to practice what ever religion you 'Feel' is right for you. Period.

    If *I* personally find religion convoluted, contradictory, the dogma a collection of fables & fragments from previous religions/beliefs, and the practitioners to talk endlessly about what others *Should* do, then do exactly the opposite of what they preach, than that's *MY* right under the Constitution.

    What your religious right doesn't extend to is being above US Law per the Constitution, or to infringe on others rights.
    That's where MY line is drawn.

    If you don't like that as a Catholic, move to Rome/Vatican where Catholic law prevails.

    Same for Muslims or any other religion.

    Keep your religion out of my Constitution, and you won't force me to defend that Constitution I'm sworn to protect.
    The Constitution isn't religion, religion isn't the Constitution, but if anyone actually declared actual war on your religion rights, the Constitution is on your side and I would defend your right to your religion.
    If you can't see the difference, then you need civics classes....




    Hold on there, your self righteous indignation, war on science mentality is overloading your grasp of even basic science.

    First off, 'Calculations' are predictions based on information at hand, by definition.
    This is how we *Think* it's going to work...
    Optimum word "Think", not default to dogma.

    Calculations/expectations & actual results are different things.
    Complete & utter failure of expectations/calculations is a very real possibility, and an acceptable result in science since factors NOT accounted for can crop up. That's why we design experiments to PROVE calculations/predictions and carry out those experiments, to prove/disprove any theories.

    Maybe that's why you have a hard time with science...
    It's the basics you are missing.

    Secondly, unless you an all knowing deity, and NOT human,
    Humans have exactly ONE scientific platform outside the solar system.
    Exactly NOTHING in 'Deep Space' out between galaxies.

    Humans are pissants in their solar system, and exactly ZERO in the Galaxy, with billions of galaxies in the universe.

    Since your total lack of basic terminology of astrophysics (grade school stuff), I'm pretty sure you don't have an IQ of 9,000 and/or are a 'Supreme Being' with advanced knowledge of the universe, Galaxy, or even solar system.
    What you *Think* you know all came from actually educated in the field of astrophysics, planetary sciences, ect.
    You did exactly ZERO of the postulation, scientific study, or actual science, just like me...

    So when you 'Presume' to tell me off, I know you are faking everything, grasping at straws, smoke & mirrors, and/or regurgitating something from a 'Science For Dummies' or worse yet, some science denier website.

    Now, just for clarification, I'm not an astrophysics major either.
    I'm just another pissant that had the most basic concepts explained to me (they needed visual aids and to talk real slow).
    The difference is, I don't pretend to know all, see all, pass judgment on things I don't understand.

    On the other hand, I do have a pretty good education, and grasp on BASIC science.
    Weights & measures, metallurgy, basic chemical reactions, etc.
    There is a reason I can differentiate between basic hard science, practical science, chemical science, etc.

    The same way I'm sure you can differentiate between the Catholic version of the father, son, holy ghost since that's been your life long ongoing education.



    Why do you dismiss 'Dark Mater', Or 'Dark Energy' as 'Magic'?
    What is your basis in your particular field of study that suggests either doesn't exist?

    *IF* you had studied even the most simple aspects of 'Dark Energy' or 'Dark Matter' you would know these names are place holders until research can investigate and explain exactly what's happening.
    It's easier than 'X Energy' or 'X Matter', although I'm sure those educated on comic books would disagree,
    But if you name every phenomenon 'X', then you spend hours sorting out WHICH 'X' someone is talking about.

    Gravity would be 'X' since it's not fully understood and we can't reproduce it,
    Magnetism would be an 'X' since it's origins aren't fully understood,
    Genetics would be an 'X' since we can't reproduce active genes,

    In the same plane of thinking, all religions would be 'X' since none of them can be scientifically explained or reproduced.

    That field of 'X's is filling up fast!



    First religion & science, now philosophy & science...
    Why do you I sit that science doesn't stand alone, on its own?
    It's that circular argument with zero logic,
    Science MUST be a product of God since got made man and man developed science....
    Again, the presumption of 'God' as a constant, tangible, scientific proven truth.
    You can't start with a negative, empty hole and work from there anywhere but religion.

    Science doesn't 'Presume' there is a force or nature unless that force of nature presents itself and can be examined.

    -----------

    I'm perfectly aware at this point all this is going to bounce right off.
    The science as a war on religion is too deeply ingrained for you to accept science as since,
    And to understand science stands alone from religion, or philosophy, or whatever.
    You have simply been exposed to the slogans too many times to differentiate on your own.

    I'm also aware there is an entire generation that has swallowed so many big lies it's impossible to differentiate.
    War On Religion,
    Communism vs Capitalism,
    Science isn't real,

    If it fits on a bumper sticker, or meme, and it's repeated enough times (like cult chants) people believe it...
    All I saw was Dark Mater. Wasn’t he in the movie Cars?
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

  4. #584
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    I don't know why this turned into a religious thread. I thought y'all had 3 or 4 of your own discussion threads?

    Anyway, JH? Most of your argument(s) fall(s) within the area of Classical Science (Physics and Chemistry, primarily). While they certainly apply locally, they don't fully explain the relativistic effects of space/time, or the quantum world. INGO members have been generally courteous in their replies to your attempt to argue from the Classic view, but we've grown beyond that. It's 114 years since Einstein's Annus Mirabilis. 119 years since Planck began to speak of radiation quanta. 100 or so years from the discovery of galaxies outside the Milky Way, and guys like Bohr and de Broglie and Pauli and Schroedinger body slammed our view of classical reality.

    The Universe is 13 + billion years old, but its diameter is over 90 billion light-years and appears to be expanding at a faster and faster rate. We don't know if the big bang was THE initial condition or only a LOCAL initial condition. Much yet remains to be discovered and understood.
    For some reason, when I try to take the time to read his diatribes, I'm reminded of this thread...
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...kind-poop.html

  5. #585
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    All I saw was Dark Mater. Wasn’t he in the movie Cars?
    I thought it was just a tomato with an unusually dark hue of red.

  6. #586
    Grandmaster Denny347's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Like gravity?

    Something that works the same, all the time.

    Except when it doesn't.
    Yes, like gravity. Science knows it exists, what it does. However, it wasn't until 2015 that we learned that gravity was a wave. Science moving forward.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

  7. #587
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Yes, like gravity. Science knows it exists, what it does. However, it wasn't until 2015 that we learned that gravity was a wave. Science moving forward.

  8. #588
    Grandmaster Dead Duck's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    God is Thee Ultimate Scientist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

  9. #589
    Expert Clay Pigeon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Yes, like gravity. Science knows it exists, what it does. However, it wasn't until 2015 that we learned that gravity was a wave. Science moving forward.
    That's how cats always land on their feet***,









    Well, almost always anyway.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

  10. #590
    INGO Clown printcraft's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon View Post
    That's how cats always land on their feet***,
    Well, almost always anyway.
    And toast always lands butter side down...

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge