• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Any other photographers on the forum? I enjoy photography and had a small side business for the past 14 years. I officially closed it in February and can now get back to taking photos of what I want to instead of what I have to.

Curious if there are others that enjoy the hobby as well.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    i do...I have a Canon 30d and I use an I-pad too. I go out in the woods and do landscapes, barns,trains and some others. I enjoy looking at what I shot on the computer. Keep it up.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Cannon T3I and unfortunately I just have the 18-50 kit lens.

I'd really like to switch over to the Sony A6000 before I start getting more lenses though, I think the Mirror-less is where it's gonna be at, and I have been really impressed at what I've seen Sony doing.

Only recently got Lightroom to play with.

Always Looking to improve, here's my Flikr... https://www.flickr.com/photos/132523170@N06/

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've done photography as a hobby for some years going back to a Canon AE1 35mm I bought new in the early to mid 1980's.
    My current main camera is a Canon EOS 5DS R.

I'm not great at it, but I enjoy it.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Nikon D600 with a variety of old glass lens', I don't like the new plastic lenses. I've done years of sports Photos for the Martinsville sports section, they hardly ever got the byline right. Have done seniors for years and I just about refuse to do a wedding, Its the best way loose money, I did a wedding and they left for the honey moon and I had an appointment with them after they were supposed to get back and they missed the appointment, They had got in a big fight on the honey moon and got the marriage annulled and didn't want any of the pics so I did all the work for a show up fee. THEN THE FAMILY WANTED ME TO GIVE THEM THE PICS OF THE FAMILY TOGETHER FOR FREE!!!!!.

Yea photography is a great business to be in.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Been shooting for 40 years. 15-20 years ago, I shot wildlife and did art shows around the state for a few years. This is me at the Carmel art fair in 2003. Won Best of Media.

bestofmedia2.jpg

Had a sports photo business from 2007-2012. Made decent money, but Took to much of my time. Now I shoot just for fun.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I take pictures but I wouldn't call myself a photographer.
    I don't know anything about cameras, just that you need to keep your fingers off the lense to take decent pictures.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I figured there were a few others here. I am a Canon shooter and have a 5D Mark III. I love that camera! These new cameras that allow you to shoot at high ISO settings are so nice. I've never been a fan of using flash, so the clean high ISO is great.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Nikon D600 with a variety of old glass lens', I don't like the new plastic lenses. I've done years of sports Photos for the Martinsville sports section, they hardly ever got the byline right. Have done seniors for years and I just about refuse to do a wedding, Its the best way loose money, I did a wedding and they left for the honey moon and I had an appointment with them after they were supposed to get back and they missed the appointment, They had got in a big fight on the honey moon and got the marriage annulled and didn't want any of the pics so I did all the work for a show up fee. THEN THE FAMILY WANTED ME TO GIVE THEM THE PICS OF THE FAMILY TOGETHER FOR FREE!!!!!.

Yea photography is a great business to be in.

So do you still shoot for The Reporter? I enjoy "playing sports photographer" since my nephew plays sports on the Martinsville teams.

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    I have a Canon XTi with my 24-70 f/4L IS, just like to take pics for fun, also have the 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS for my friends kids sports pics from the stands.

always thinking about getting a newer body and 1 or lenses.

Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Like several of the others on this thread, I like to dabble in shooting with the Nikon 3300. I have the regular kit lens 18-55, and also an old 50mm manual focus lens that goes up to f2.2 that I like to use for some extra bokeh. I've tried some macro shooting as well with some extension tubes. It's a pretty interesting field and I have enjoyed learning about it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I enjoy photography. I use Nikon gear. Always love learning new things and getting better. Plus there is a lot of room for me to get better!

Top Bottom