Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ...just go home and go to bed.

My step son works up at IU and used to work 2nd shift. He said it was amazing the number of girls walking around late at night, by themselves. Nobody brings this on themselves but you can't deny there are predators out there.

9zwzz6.jpg

And even in Bedford....go home.

2yzex09.jpg

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Too bad it's now sexist to tell women not to walk alone at night. Once common sense and now taboo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Too bad it's now sexist to tell women not to walk alone at night. Once common sense and now taboo.

The times are changing. We all see this. I wish these young ladies would pay attention. Go out in groups. Young people go out. It is what they do. Just do not do it alone on a sexual predators hunting grounds.
    College campus has become this.....sadly.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow, where to begin. A guy from Orleans shoots someone in the Bedford McDonalds? I didn't think I'd be reading that this morning.

With what GFGT described (SS amazed by the number of lone-females out late) considering the bad guys know the chances of the potential victim being both an inebriated college student and unarmed are very probable? It's amazing GFGT's IU Alerts aren't blowing up every night.

Maybe that wacko professor from the HB 1071 committee reading would like to weigh in on how women being unarmed is the best choice. I'm thinking there are a couple (thankfully) not kidnapped/worse victims out there considering that there may be a better option for defense than a whistle.

Just to recap: NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow, where to begin. A guy from Orleans shoots someone in the Bedford McDonalds? I didn't think I'd be reading that this morning.

With what GFGT described (SS amazed by the number of lone-females out late) considering the bad guys know the chances of the potential victim being both an inebriated college student and unarmed are very probable? It's amazing GFGT's IU Alerts aren't blowing up every night.

Maybe that wacko professor from the HB 1071 committee reading would like to weigh in on how women being unarmed is the best choice. I'm thinking there are a couple (thankfully) not kidnapped/worse victims out there considering that there may be a better option for defense than a whistle.

Just to recap: NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT!!

The phone ringing at 2am is never a good thing. Rarely, is it good news. And when I heard it ringing, I first thought about family and friends that might need help. I was actually relieved when I heard it was Bloomington mayhem.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Yeah it was. Wasn't that the week Lauren Speer came up missing? My memory is foggy on that now.

She disappeared later in the year when it was warmer. She was reported missing within a day or two of last confirmed sighting. About half the girls on campus go missing for a day or so around little 5, so her disappearance would not have raised a red flag for quite a few days, if it had been little 5.

Top Bottom