• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    My rear door on my truck won't open. Exterior and interior handles don't work. I know I could fix it myself but I can't get the dang door to open. Anyone have ideas? It's a 2012 F150.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    First question is how often the door is used? If not often maybe the weatherstrip is stuck to the door opening not allowing the door to open easily.

If not

Roll window down, look between the glass and the belt moulding, there's a rod from the outside handle to the latch make sure it is hooked up. On the inside handle is the child safety lock engaged, maybe?

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I have to give it to AllenM and his team. After multiple attempts to remove the panel I had given up and called Ford and got a not so great response on what they could do to help. So today cruising past Avon I thought I would stop in and make an appointment at Diamond to have it looked at. After talking with the receptionist she got a gentleman (sorry forgot your name) to come and look at it. 5 minutes he has it fixed and I am on my way. Thank you and your team so much I thought I was in for at least a couple hundred dollars repair. I hope I never have an accident but if I do I know where I am going.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have to give it to AllenM and his team. After multiple attempts to remove the panel I had given up and called Ford and got a not so great response on what they could do to help. So today cruising past Avon I thought I would stop in and make an appointment at Diamond to have it looked at. After talking with the receptionist she got a gentleman (sorry forgot your name) to come and look at it. 5 minutes he has it fixed and I am on my way. Thank you and your team so much I thought I was in for at least a couple hundred dollars repair. I hope I never have an accident but if I do I know where I am going.

Excellent news. Allen and crew are great.

Just curious, what was the deal with the door?

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Excellent news. Allen and crew are great.

Just curious, what was the deal with the door?

One word.........children! The youngest had unscrewed the cap off the locking linkage. Linkage then became stuck inside the door panel not allowing the lock to release. This will now be on my PM list. It went from what I thought would be hundreds to 12 bucks for 2 new caps. Bought one for a spare just in case.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy

please please tell me you tipped the guy at least $20! I would suggest at a min $50. Nothing says thanks more than cash m o n e y in someone's hand.

Please sir no need for thanks just put those dollars in my hand.

Join the f150 forum. Lots of answers for your truck.

Top Bottom